Model ASEAN Meeting 2017
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
Third ASEAN FOUNDATION MODEL ASEAN MEETING 2017
(3rd AFMAM 2017)
"Thematic Area: Anticipating Environmental Displacement of People in ASEAN due to Global Climate Change”
The ASEAN Foundation is organising its Third ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2017 (3rd AFMAM 2017) to coincide with the 31st ASEAN Summit in the Philippines. The ASEAN Foundation is the people’s arm of ASEAN and is mandated by the ASEAN Charter to support the Secretary-General of ASEAN in supporting the ASEAN Community building process.
The 3rd AFMAM 2017 promises an authentic experience to understand ASEAN. It is an interactive process where YOU, the students, will role-play a senior official of an ASEAN meeting and simulate how an ASEAN senior official engages in various ASEAN meetings. You will understand how ASEAN as an inter-governmental system works and will learn about the decision-making process to understand how regional agreements and cooperation are cultivated. It will be an interesting and enjoyable experience!
When and where?
Manila, the Philippines
24 September 2017
25 – 26 September 2017
27 September 2017
28 – 30 September 2017
Simulation of ASEAN Meetings
1 October 2017
Interested? Read more!
Register as a team!
- 7 undergraduate students (“Team Members”)
- 1 faculty member (“Team Advisor”)
- ASEAN Nationals from universities in the region, residing and studying in country of nationality
- Same nationality in the Team
Students (Team Members)
- 18 to 25 years of age at the closing date of the application
- Currently enrolled as a student at undergraduate level from any disciplines
- English proficient, verbal and written
Faculty Member (Team Advisor)
- Older than 25 years old at the closing date of the application
- Academic member (lecturer or teaching assistant) of a department of faculty of a university
- English proficient, verbal and written
Role of Faculty Member (Team Advisor)
- Focal point of the Team
- Lead and guide the Team
- Advise and coach the Team related to content (possessing general knowledge on issues related to environment and climate change and their potentials to creating people displacement in the region viewed from the perspectives of the ASEAN three pillars)
- Allocate time to participate in three to five online preparatory coaching sessions
- Provide constructive inputs for the improvement of AFMAM.
Please register HERE ! For your own convenience, we strongly suggest that you have all the following information and documents of all Team Advisor and Team Members ready at hand before starting data entry:
1. Personal data.
2. Full face photo in soft copy (PNG or JPEG file, maximum 150 KB).
3. Letter of endorsement from respective department/faculty/university for each person (PDF file, maximum 1024 KB): free format written on letterhead paper signed by authorised official of your institution verifying the following:
a). for Team Members: name, department, faculty, level (undergraduate), and the current semester you are at;
b). for Team Advisor: name and current status at the institution.
4. List of five most noteworthy personal achievements of each applicant.
5. Team’s motivation statement (not more than 500 words).
TEAMS COMPRISING OF DIFFERENT UNIVERSITIES, VARIOUS ACADEMIC BACKGROUND, AND GENDER BALANCE ARE CONSIDERED ADVANTAGEOUS. STUDENTS FROM UNIVERSITIES OUTSIDE THE CAPITALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
ONLY ONE TEAM WILL BE SELECTED FROM EACH ASEAN MEMBER STATE.
See BELOW for the acceptance process of your applications!
What do we provide you with?
• There is no registration or application fee.
• Round trip air travel from the capital city of the country of origin to the venue in the Philippines.
• Accommodation and meals.
On top of these, you will have an exciting experience with us and your peers from other ASEAN Member States. It will be an unforgettable lifetime experience to becoming an AFMAM alumni!
Time will not wait!
Please submit your Team’s application by 31 May 2017, 23.59, Jakarta time. Don’t let go of this golden opportunity of becoming a cadre of future young leaders of ASEAN who are outward looking developing networks to collaborate and work together.
*****Only successful applicants will be notified*****