SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Senior Programme Management Officer
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Term of Employment
This position is a non-ongoing position for an initial period of one (1) year starting in late 2017, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and in collaboration with the Communications Manager, the Senior Programme Management Officer contributes to the operations of the programme unit, communication activities and disseminates information.
The principal responsibilities include knowledge management, programme coordination, monitoring and evaluation, communications and network development, liaison with key internal and external constituents.
The candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working independently. The ability to work with a wide variety of people from governments, agencies, non-governmental organizations, and research institutions is essential
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
Head of Finance and Administration
All staff of the Foundation.
External (outside Post)
ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs
Summary of Key Functions:
- Supports the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications in the organisation (20%)
- Manages the program’s website, keeps information current, coordinates the content and prepares project profiles
- Prepares and coordinates written, graphic, visual materials, web site content and other social media for public presentation/dissemination (networking, public relations purposes or for revenue generation)
- Identifies and develops storylines for publications and substantive articles \
- Prepare human interest stories and project updates
- Prepare speeches and other relevant communication and advocacy activities
- Provide social media analytics for related projects as identified by the donor(s)
- On occasion, makes presentations and/or represents ASEAN Foundation at selected meetings, conferences, workshops or seminars
- Effective oversight over the management and implementation of initiatives of the organisation (60%)
- Support the Programme Manager in the effective planning, organisation, management, implementation, and M&E to ensure timely achievement of quality results of the Foundation’s initiatives/projects;
- In consultation with the Programme Manager/Project Manager, establish targets and monitor the achievement of results, including establishment of performance indicators/ success criteria, and regular update of baselines, targets and milestones;
- Contributes analysis about project outcomes based on an overall programme perspective to contribute to team learning and discussions on future programming
- Compiles project results and other outputs as well as lessons learned
- Reviews project and programme material and prepares synthesis documents of results, decisions, and directions for team discussion
- Assists in the design of evaluation plans
- Ensuring synergies and coherence between the Foundation’s initiatives/projects;
- Regular briefings and timely report to supervisor on any exceptions to facilitate timely actions and informed decisions.
- Prepare Terms of References for consultants / Request for Proposals / Request for Quotations, etc as assigned by the supervisors
- Plan procurements for the events such as event contractors, resource persons, moderators, rapporteurs, other supporting staff and materials
- Build and maintain effective external relations, partnerships and support resource mobilisation (20%)
- Develop a prospective donor profile database that includes prospective donor funding areas, geographical and sectoral preferences, criteria, and policies with a view to identifying funding opportunities
- Work with programme units to identify gaps in funding and seek new and existing donors to provide financial assistance
- In close cooperation with Programme staff, draft project proposals/briefs to be submitted to donors for funding
- Performs preliminary screening of partnership/sponsorship requests, concept notes for further action by Management Team/Executive Director
- Plans and coordinates program meetings involving the Foundation’s network of partners and prepares background material, distributes agendas, and provides general support to enhance the effectiveness of the meetings
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor Degree in Communications, Humanities, International/Development Studies, Business Communications or related fields
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively relevant professional experience in project management, and building partnership and advocacy or four (4) years of working experience in the same area for postgraduate degree
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Proven experience in strategic and programme planning processes
- Demonstrates very good understanding of and experience in communications and outreach
- Proven networking skills and ability to interact with senior officials and team work;
- Strong writing and organisational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills;
- Skills in employing media and publication development tools.
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to work with partners and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner;
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills;
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, reliable, able to follow through on tasks, able to work within systems and procedures, open to learning, able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner;
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts; and
- Well-planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in planning, in management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- All interested applicants to send application, stating the above post with the following documents to email@example.com
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae and salary history and expected salary
Deadline for Application
- 22 November 2017