Thursday, 27 August 2015
Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Joint Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology (for Academic Year 2016)
Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology within the ASEAN Member States through the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-Graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology (Phase 2).
The CGI is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005, under the initiative of Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of the CGI is to employ the most recent interactive teaching techniques used in leading educational and research institutions to train students in the programme to be effective thinkers and leaders in their fields of expertise, to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development. The CGI is presently offering programmes leading to a Post-graduate diploma and Master’s degree in Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Biology.
The AF, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to help bring about shared prosperity and a sustainable future for the peoples of all ASEAN countries. It has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development, and reduce poverty.
This year, up to five (5) scholarships are available for ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who are interested to pursue a Master Degree at the CGI. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
- Scholarships are open to the eligible applicants who are under 30 years of age and hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy, or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Applicants from other related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants must have at least one year of scientific laboratory research experiences.
- Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognised tests of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS).
- Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study.
Field of Study
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Biology
The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees, round trip airfare, accommodation allowance, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance, and others.
The award is tenable for a period of two years, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
Applicants should complete the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme’s application form and submit together with other supporting documents to:
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI Scholarship Programme)
54 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
Applications for the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme are due on 30 November 2015.
Pre-session orientation programme will commence in June 2016 while the academic programme will commence in August 2016.
Notification of the Award
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by the CGI.
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Scholarship Programme application form and medical history and report can be found here.
For more information, please contact:
Ph.: (66 2) 554-1900 ext. 2155, 2130
Fax.: (66 2) 554-1990, 554-1992
Ph.: (62-21) 3192-4828, 3192- 4833
Fax.: (62-21) 3192-6078