TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR OPERATIONS INTERN
The ASEAN Foundation with the support of Government of China, ASEAN-China Cooperation Fund and ASEAN Secretariat is implementing ASEAN-China Internship Programme in 2022. This one-year programme aims to provide young people in ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam) and China with opportunities to gain work experience and learn about issues pertinent to ASEAN community building efforts in the region. The ASEAN-China Internship Programme targets talented young people, including underserved youth and youth with disabilities, who are currently studying or a recent graduate.
In the implementation of ASEAN-China Internship Programme, qualified youth will be required to intern at ASEAN Foundation for four months, immersing themselves in an internship format that combines virtual and onsite placements. Selected interns will have the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled professionals of the ASEAN Foundation to gain real-world experience, develop their professional networks and put their academic learning into practice.
The Operations Intern provides support to various tasks undertaken by the Operations unit of the ASEAN Foundation. These include a number of office administrative, human resources, logistics, filing and finance tasks, including, the monthly filling of expenses and accounting.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
Assist in financial management.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and ensure the bank reconciliation report are filled properly and stored in OneDrive.
- Ensure digital finance vouchers and supporting documents are filled properly (base on date, month and project) as well as ensure the documents are stored in OneDrive chronologically.
- Check if all invoice, receipt, quotation and other supporting documents for payment process have correct and complete as Finance SOP.
Assist in human resource administration & alumni engagement.
- Update AF internal (employee and alumni) databases with new employee, alumni and intern information, including contact details and employment/intern forms.
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates (staff, intern and consultant positions).
- Work closely with HR and Alumni Officer and Digital Communication Coordinator for posting, updating and removing the job advertisement from job boards, careers pages and social networks.
- Assisting in HR-related reports preparation as needed.
- Review AFSR and draft of Policy/SOP and provide recommendation to AF.
- Participate in planning/organising AF events for employee and intern.
- Screening potential employee/intern resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill AF job vacancies/intern programmes.
- Assist in gathering information related to HR such as website subscription, job posting platform.
- Prepare and send rejection letters or emails to candidates.
- Coordinating new hire orientations.
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits (such as number of remaining leave days), internship related inquiries and other HR-related matters.
Assist in procurement process and administrative arrangement.
- Assist in bidding process for any purchasing related to general/operational purpose.
- Assist in creating requested PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) materials for ED meeting purpose and Board of Trustees Meeting purpose.
Prepare the minutes during the BOT meeting and Alumni Townhall.
Prepare e-form or online survey related operations unitUndertake other tasks and activities as requested.
- The intern is expected to support the smooth running of the organisation’s finance, administrative, human resources and property.
The internship provides an opportunity for youth to learn more about ASEAN affairs, including ASEAN-China relations, and strengthen their professional and personal skills by working in an ASEAN body and contributing to ASEAN community building efforts. It is expected that interns could gain greater ASEAN awareness and possess stronger ASEAN identity after finishing the internship. At the same time, the interns are also expected to support the smooth running of the organisation’s finance, administrative, human resources and property.
The internship duration is four months with one month dedicated for virtual internship based on the selected intern’s country or residency. Interns will have the freedom to choose the following internship schedule in their application:
September – December 2022
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTITLEMENTS
This internship programme welcome youth from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam, and China to apply. Qualified internship candidates will be required to go through a rigorous, merit-based selection process.
The ASEAN-China Internship Programme is a paid internship. Below are the entitlements that ASEAN Foundation will provide for the interns:
- Return flight ticket from home country to Jakarta, Indonesia (Economy Class)
- Social-cultural visa
- PCR Test for selected interns
- Isolation/quarantine upon the arrival in Indonesia
- Accommodation, local transportation and stipends in Indonesia.
Selected interns will be required to reside in Jakarta, Indonesia for three months and work remotely for one month for their internship (four months in total). During the one-month virtual internship, interns are not entitled to the package mentioned above except for the approved internet cost.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Final year or recent graduate (at least within one year after graduation) in accounting or business administration field.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Familiarity in Microsoft Office 365, particularly in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detailed-oriented
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Tech savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- An understanding of international and/or development issues
- Demonstrate commitment to ASEAN Foundation mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
In order to apply, intern candidate is required to submit:
- An up-to-date CV;
- A cover letter that highlights his/her background and area of interest;
- Optional: Up to 3-minute video explaining why you are the best fit for the role and how this internship will add value to you as a youth. The format should be mp4 with maximum capacity of 10 MB. The video can be upload to google drive, DropBox, One Drive or similar online storage. Share the link to the video in cover letter.
Register here by Friday, 20 May 2022.