TERM OF REFERENCE FOR PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT INTERN
The ASEAN Foundation with the support of Government of China, ASEAN-China Cooperation Fund and ASEAN Secretariat is implementing ASEAN-China Internship Programme in 2022. This one-year programme aims to provide young people in ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam) and China with opportunities to gain work experience and learn about issues pertinent to ASEAN community building efforts in the region. The ASEAN-China Internship Programme targets talented young people, including underserved youth and youth with disabilities, who are currently studying or a recent graduate.
In the implementation of ASEAN-China Internship Programme, qualified youth will be required to intern at ASEAN Foundation for four months, immersing themselves in an internship format that combines virtual and onsite placements. Selected interns will have the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled professionals of the ASEAN Foundation to gain real-world experience, develop their professional networks and put their academic learning into practice.
As part of the implementation of ASEAN – China Internship Programme, we are seeking an intern to support the programme management function of the organisation, led by the Head of Programme in coordination with the programme staff.
The Programme Management Intern provides substantive, organisational and logistical assistance to the programme staff of the ASEAN Foundation. In this process, the intern will gain knowledge of the substantive and operational aspects of the foundation’s programmes.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
The intern would work closely with programme staff, and he/she is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Assist programme management and project implementation in the ASEAN Foundation’s thematic areas of Education, Arts and Culture, Media and Community Building (The ASEAN Foundation will assign intern to work on the specific project once the intern is selected for the ASEAN – China Internship programme).
- Assist in other programme implementation work by undertaking ad-hoc assignments, including programme assistance functions, such as mailing, logistical arrangements (meeting and travel arrangements, etc.) and organisational coordination (liaison with participants, etc.)
- Develop Minutes of Meeting (MoM).
- Maintain a resource database of experts, officials and institutions, ensuring the most relevant and up-to-date information to facilitate programme related contacts and communication.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Support the programme team to report on progress and implementation of activities regularly.
- Support reporting processes based on the performance of individual projects/initiatives and agreed on outcomes, outputs, indicators.
- Support and initiate the development of graphs to illustrate accumulated data for reports and presentations to stakeholders
- Prepare texts for web stories on programme initiatives and contribute to programme visibility.
Undertake other tasks and activities as requested and where applicable.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The intern will demonstrate the ability to develop their project management skills such as work plans project implementation, synthesise information for reporting purposes, research information for funding proposals and write stories about the programmes.
The internship provides an opportunity for youth to learn more about ASEAN affairs, including ASEAN-China relations, and strengthen their professional and personal skills by working in an ASEAN body and contributing to ASEAN community building efforts. It is expected that interns could gain greater ASEAN awareness and possess stronger ASEAN identity after finishing the internship. At the same time, the intern can learn about the work environment and ethics and skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation, management, coordination and administration skills.
The internship duration is four months with one month dedicated for virtual internship based on the selected intern’s country or residency. Interns will have the freedom to choose the following internship schedule in their application:
Please select the following internship schedule in your application.
September – December 2022
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTITLEMENTS
This internship programme welcome youth from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam, and China to apply. Qualified internship candidates will be required to go through a rigorous, merit-based selection process.
The ASEAN-China Internship Programme is a paid internship. Below are the entitlements that ASEAN Foundation will provide for the interns:
- Return flight ticket from home country to Jakarta, Indonesia (Economy Class)
- Social-cultural visa
- PCR Test for selected interns
- Isolation/quarantine upon the arrival in Indonesia
- Accommodation, local transportation and stipends in Indonesia
Selected interns will be required to reside in Jakarta, Indonesia for three months and work remotely for one month for their internship (four months in total). During the one-month virtual internship, interns are not entitled to the package mentioned above except for the approved internet cost.
Interns will be for three months based in Indonesia and one month working remotely. Additionally, they are not entitled to the package mentioned above except for the approved internet cost during their one-month remote work internship.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Final year or a recent graduate (at least within one year after graduation) in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or other related disciplines, with a robust quantitative underpinning and appreciation for qualitative or transdisciplinary work.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills, including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
- Demonstrate commitment to ASEAN Foundation mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
The candidate will need to submit:
- An up to date CV,
- A cover letter that highlights your background and area of interest;
- Optional: 3-minutes video explaining why you are the best fit for the role and how this internship will add value to you. Format mp4, maximum bytes 10 MB, upload to your google drive, DropBox, One Drive or similar online storage and share the link in your cover letter.
Register here by Friday, 20 May 2022.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook