Since its launch in Thailand in 2008, the programme has provided training opportunities for more than 12,000 youths worldwide at Huawei’s headquarters to enrich their skill-set and pursue their aspiration.
To apply for the programme, you can nominate yourself or others by filling this form by 30 June 2022.
Update: To those who don't have a passport yet, you may submit your national ID card first and update us with your passport information by 13 July 2022, if you succeed in the selection process.
ASEAN Foundation, in partnership with Huawei, is excited to announce nominations for ASEAN undergraduate students are open on 20-30 June 2022. Aspiring youth from 10 ASEAN Member States will be selected to represent the region as youth delegates at Huawei Asia-Pacific Seeds for the Future 2022, held on-site in Bangkok and Hua Hin, on 18-28 August 2022.
Seeds for the Future is Huawei’s global flagship CSR programme dedicated to STEM and non–STEM students worldwide. As the programme begins to scale up to the ASEAN level, it seeks to equip more students in the region with ICT skills and prepare them to succeed in the Industry 4.0 era. Since its launch in Thailand in 2008, the programme has provided training opportunities for more than 12,000 youths worldwide at Huawei’s headquarters to enrich their skill-set and pursue their aspiration.
Objectives & Benefits
The Huawei Asia-Pacific Seeds for the Future 2022 will gather top undergraduate students for an 8-day training and mentoring on driving successful digital transformation in today’s dynamic world. Besides honing their technical skills and knowledge of the latest ICT trends such as 5G, AI, cloud computing, digital trade, cybersecurity and other data and industry trends, students will also have the opportunity to build their leadership skills and cross-cultural competence through strategic management and traditional culture courses.
The training will prepare them to pitch their own project at the Tech4Good youth competition on 26 August 2022. Afterwards, the top 5 winning teams will join the Tech4Good Accelerator Camp in Singapore from 28 August to 4 September 2022, and have the chance to win cash prizes to fund their project and represent their country in the global competition at the end of 2022.
The programme covers all associated expenses, including two-way flights, hotel, local transportation, meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and internet.
ASEAN Seeds for the Future aspires to connect ASEAN youth with the global community of youth changemakers and collaborate in creating innovative ideas and solutions to solve real-world challenges. The programme enables students to develop their entrepreneurial spirit, expand their understanding of today’s complex and interconnected world, propose relevant and realistic solutions, and finally, find their passion and purpose.
After completing the programme, participants will obtain a certificate of achievement from the ASEAN Foundation and Huawei and gain better prospects in starting a career at Huawei and its solution partners.
This programme will support the realisation of the following ASEAN priorities and agenda
- The ASEAN Work Plan on Education 2021 – 2025 and ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2021 – 2025
- The ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2021–2025, and
- The Implementation Plan of ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework 2020.
|Thu, 30 Jun||Nominations close|
|Fri, 1-8 Jul||Interview|
|Wed, 13 Jul||Announcement of selected participants|
|Thu, 18 Aug||
|Fri, 19 Aug||
|Sat, 20 Aug||
|Sun, 21 Aug||
|Mon, 22 Aug||
|Tue, 23 Aug||
|Wed, 24 Aug||
|Thu, 25 Aug||
|Fri, 26 Aug||
|Sat, 27 Aug||
|Sun, 28 Aug||
*The top 5 team will join the Tech4Good Accelerator Camp in Singapore, from 28 Aug to 4 Sep 2022.
- Student of ASEAN nationality pursuing undergraduate study in information technology, computer science, engineering, or other related fields (no age limit)
- Enrolled in a university located in ASEAN
- Strong English oral and written skills
- Tech savvy and familiarity using Microsoft Office apps (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion for the ICT industry and awareness of global issues
- Demonstrated team spirit and leadership, and an interest in cultural exchange activities
- Dedicated and strong desire to learn
- Agree and adhere to the Terms and Conditions, and available to travel
- Students below 18 years old are required to provide a Parental Consent Form
Items to bring on-site:
- Laptop (each participant needs to bring their own)
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Two doses of approved COVID-19 vaccines must be completed 14 days prior to arrival. Vaccines currently recognized by the Thai government include AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Mordena, Sinopharm, Sinovac, John&Johnson and Sputnik V.
- 1-2 traditional souvenirs from home for the cultural exchange during the visit to Global Village on 21 August
- 1 formal suit, 2 ceremonial robes/dresses
- Other personal belongings: clothes and shoes, chargers for laptop and phone, plug adaptor, pens
- Other suggestions: bug spray, sunblock, sunglasses, umbrella, medicine
How to Join
To apply for the programme, you can nominate yourself or others by filling this form by 30 June 2022. Please prepare the following materials:
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- A passport scan (full name, nationality, passport number, date of issue and expiry, date of birth included)
- A CV
- A transcript with GPA
- A proof of enrolment
- A self-introduction video (3 minutes max) in English
- A motivation letter between 400-600 words in English
- A profile picture
For questions, please contact [email protected].