Application Deadline: 15 September 2023
Submit Applications through: bit.ly/ASEANJpnGenZSummit_CFA
Send Inquiries to: [email protected]
ASEAN Foundation, in collaboration with the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO), are proud to present the ASEAN – Japan Generation Z Business Leaders’ Summit 2023. As a part of the Summit program, ASEAN Foundation will hold the Pre-event in Jakarta, Indonesia, in October 2023 themed "Empowering ASEAN – Japan Generation Z Leaders for Community Development and Solution to Social Challenges." This pre-event serves as a vital programme of the roadshow leading to the ASEAN – Japan Generation-Z Leaders’ Summit, scheduled to take place in Karuizawa, Japan, in December 2023.
Our vision for the pre-event in ASEAN is to establish a dynamic platform for Generation-Z leaders from diverse backgrounds to foster team-building and friendship among ASEAN and Japan Gen-Z leaders, effectively preparing them to participate in the forthcoming Summit in Japan actively. By engaging in this programme, participants will gain a sense of ownership in shaping the ASEAN – Japan relationship and enhancing the capacities of future leaders in the region.
Furthermore, this event provides an invaluable opportunity for networking and knowledge-sharing among Gen-Z leaders, encouraging the exchange of ideas, initiatives, and experiences. This collective effort aims to empower and equip young leaders to play a meaningful role at the upcoming Summit in Japan.
Themes for discussion at the Pre-event and the Summit
- Life & Society
- Diversity equity & inclusion
- Public Affairs
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Web 3.0
- Sustainability & Security
- Climate Change
- Agriculture (Supply-Chain)
*Themes will be finalised based on the interest and background of participants. The discussion themes provide substantial value and unique insights for all participants.
The programme of the Pre-event will bring aspiring Gen-Z ASEAN and Japan youth leaders from all ASEAN Countries, Timor-Leste and Japan for an in-person workshop on 18 – 19 October 2023 that will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The selected delegates would also have an opportunity to participate the ASEAN – Japan Generation Z Business Summit in Kairuizawa, Japan in December 2023.
It is an exciting opportunity for Gen-Z to connect and exchange with fellow youth from all around ASEAN and Japan and network.
This exciting initiative offers an unparalleled opportunity for the Generation Z to connect, exchange ideas, and build networks with their peers from across ASEAN and Japan, fostering a deeper understanding of community development and solutions to social challenges in ASEAN and Japan.
More specifically, the Pre-event and the Summit will provide the following benefits to the participants.
1) Collaboration with Gen-Z Leaders from ASEAN and Japan
The Gen-Z Summit and the Pre-event will be opportunities to collaborate with Gen Z leaders from Japan & ASEAN, who will lead the economy and society in the future, to strengthen the ties between ASEAN and Japan.
2) Boost Your Business and Brand Equity
The strong the network of the Gen-Z leaders in ASEAN and Japan will be a great resource for you business to expand in the region. Also, your contribution to the summit is expected to gain publicity through various media in Japan and ASEAN.
3) Access to Government and Collaboration with Public Sectors
The Gen-Z Summit and the Pre-event will be opportunities to build relationships with the key government departments of ASEAN and Japan.
4) Immersion into Japan and ASEAN society
Trip to Japan and Jakarta will be provided by the program. We will cover your expenses related to flight, accommodation, local transportation, all activities related to the programme, daily meal, and travel insurance in Jakarta and Karuizawa.
- Aspiring youth of the Gen-Z (in principle, below 30 years old) that hold an ASEAN Member State or Timor Leste passport* (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam) and resides in the country of citizenship.
- Applicants must be able to attend the whole program of the Pre-event (October 18 and 19 in Jakarta, Indonesia) and the Summit (December 14 and 15 in Karuizawa, Japan).
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
- Applicants must have active e-mail accounts and social media for ease of communication with the organisers and other participants.
Specifically—we are looking for youth with the following backgrounds;
- Founder of start-ups and social entrepreneurs who have achieved significant growth of businesses
- Potential entrepreneurs with significant academic or professional achievements
- Gen-Z leaders in large corporates
- Gen-Z leaders in the public sector and academia
*Applicants who have been shortlisted for this programme will need to possess a valid passport for international travel.
The application process for the ASEAN – Japan Generation Z Business leaders’ Summit, including the Pre-event, is open from 25 August to 15 September 2023. To apply, please complete the following form: bit.ly/ASEANJpnGenZSummit_CFA
Participate the on-site ASEAN – Japan Generation Z Business Leaders’ Summit in Japan and the Pre-event in Indonesia
Upon the selected for the pre-event programme, the selected delegates will be invited to participate the ASEAN – Japan Z Generation Business Summit in Kairuzawa, Japan. This summit is scheduled on December 14 and 15, 2023.
During the Summit, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with the ASEAN and Japan Leaders, industry experts and have an opportunity to interface with them, and
- Engage in interactive workshops and discussions on various issues
Call for applications
25 August to 15 September 2023
Selection of top applicants to join the Programme
18 – 29 September 2023
Announcement of the top applicants from ASEAN Member States & Timor Leste
2 October 2023
On-site programme in Jakarta, Indonesia
October 18 and 19, 2023
On-site programme in Kairuzawa, Japan
December 14 and 15, 2023