CALL FOR APPLICATION
ASEAN DIGITAL LITERACY PROGRAMME (ASEAN DLP) MASTER TRAINERS IN CAMBODIA
Based on a UNESCO study, 54% of youth respondents didn't know how to respond to hate and extremist material they encounter online. However, on a more encouraging note, 92% of youth respondents embraced the idea that media and information literacy competencies can help to empower young people to protect themselves from radical and extremist groups and counter hate speech online.
ASEAN is taking a concrete step to prevent misinformation and disinformation. In 2018, the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information adopted the Framework and Joint Statement to Minimise the Harmful Effects of Fake News. ASEAN has also launched its ASEAN Digital Literacy, which aims to promote greater cybersecurity as part of the fight against online disinformation. In addition, 2021 saw ASEAN develop a guideline of Training of Trainers programme that targets secondary school teachers, university tutors and lecturers to improve the digital information literacy of young people.
To contribute to the effort, the ASEAN Foundation, with the support of Google.org, has partnered with Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE) to implement ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme (ADLP) from 2022 to 2023. The regional programme aims to combat misinformation and disinformation by providing digital literacy training for youth, teachers, parents, community leaders and government officials. The programme will include a strong awareness campaign element to ensure that the importance of media and information literacy is better understood by a wider audience and inspire people to become the agent of change that can help detect and prevent hoaxes and fake news from spreading.
To achieve this, the ASEAN Foundation will work closely and collaboratively with KAPE to recruit the Master Trainers to provide Training of Trainers workshops on Misinformation and Media literacy to underserved communities, teachers, educators, community leaders, government officials, and the elderly.
- Cambodia nationality
- At least 21 years old at the time of the application;
- Interested in media and information literacy;
- At least a third-year student in related fields is a plus;
- Interested in providing training to teachers, students, and people at the community level;
- Preferably able to communicate in English
- Able to provide ToT training to end beneficiaries including youth, teachers, parents, community leaders, and government officials;
- Experienced in providing training or workshop to youth, educators, or students in on-site or online mode is a plus;
- Have some experience and knowledge in digital literacy or media literacy, or information literacy is a plus.
- Gain more knowledge about the ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme as well as the digital literacy curriculum and other related resources for the ASEAN region;
- Participate in the 20 hours of ToT workshop on Digital Literacy organized by ASEAN Foundation both online and offline;
- Get the certificate of acknowledgment upon the project completion;
- Get considerable incentive to deliver post ToT workshops to the end beneficiaries;
- Opportunities for networking and sharing knowledge and experience.
Application Deadline: 14 October 2022 by 5:00 PM
For More Information: Apply Here!
Name: Sophanak Sar, EdTech Coordinator
Email: [email protected]