Terms of Reference
Community Affairs – Project Management Fellow (to be based in the Philippines)
Community Affairs – Project Management Fellow (to be based in the Philippines)
This position is part of the ASEAN-SAP Apprenticeship Programme (ASAP) brought together by the ASEAN Foundation and SAP
ASEAN Foundation and SAP
Organization Address Where the Fellow will serve
SAP Philippines OR Virtual
ASEAN Foundation: Project Manager for the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives
SAP: Global CSR Director for Future Skills Initiatives
ASEAN Foundation: Head of Programme Unit of the ASEAN Foundation and Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation
SAP: Regional Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, East Asia, Pacific & Greater China
Status of Employment
This is a full-time consultancy type of employment with regular performance evaluation
Period of Employment
Mid-April 2023 – End of December 2023 with possibility of extension
About the Apprenticeship
The ASEAN-SAP Apprenticeship Programme (ASAP) is brought together by the ASEAN Foundation and SAP. As an ASEAN’s body, the ASEAN Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. SAP is the world’s largest provider of enterprise application software with a purpose to help the world run better and improve people's lives.
Why we are recruiting
According to the International Labour Organisations (ILO), apprenticeship programmes play a crucial role in improving youth employability by acquiring relevant skills, which eventually contributes towards matching skills in demand in the labour market with skills acquired in education and training systems. The CSR apprenticeship aims to imbue and enrich the experience of successful applicants with exposure to real world setting of both a Non-Government Organization (NGO) and a Multi-national Corporation (MNC) experience, all with an aim of making social impact through their programs and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. With the experience gained, we hope that the apprentice will have gained a better appreciation of stakeholder management and the inner workings of an NGO and MNC thereby improving the employability of the individual.
Purpose of the Position’s Recruitment
The Community Affairs – Project Management Fellow is hired to support the ASEAN Foundation’s mandate which is mainly to promote ASEAN awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN, not to mention support the achievement of the vision of the ASEAN Blueprint 2025 which is to create a dynamic, resilient, and innovative ASEAN Community. The Fellow is also recruited to support SAP’s CSR initiatives in East Asia & Pacific spans across 18 market units, constituting both skilled and traditional volunteering, making grants to both strategic CSR partners as well as charities to enable their social impact. These initiatives are focused on the three key pillars: Skilling Asia, Enterprising Asia, and Greening Asia.
About the Position
The Community Affairs – Project Management Fellow will undertake both SAP's and the ASEAN Foundation's works with a division percentage of 80% for SAP and 20% for the ASEAN Foundation. He/she will report to SAP Global CSR Director for Future Skills Initiatives for SAP-related works and the Project Manager for the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives for the Foundation-oriented tasks. He/she will also work together with other SAP's and the ASEAN Foundation's relevant staff when performing their duties. He/she will be hired as a consultant with entitlements of monthly salary, annual leave, and insurance allowance.
For SAP-related Tasks (80% of the total working hours)
- Administer (30%): Perform administrative and project management tasks that contribute towards successful community management/engagement and delivery of employee volunteerism.
- Analyse (30%): Contribute insights towards the impact of SAP’s CSR programs and trending analysis of key CSR metrics across Great China
- Activate (30%): Actively cultivate volunteers and increase SAP employees' volunteering hours towards various causes aligned with SAP’s Global CSR strategic pillars and Government’s priorities.
- Acquire (10%): Acquire knowledge of how SAP is run and explore opportunities working in or with SAP/SAP ecosystem while improving self-development skills.
For the ASEAN-Foundation-related Tasks (20% of the total working hours)
- Implementation of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives (30%): Involve in the implementation of the initiatives, including but not limited to managing events/activities as part of the initiatives, developing relevant documents, being a resource person, communicating with relevant working partners, and joining the meetings
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives (30%): Involve in the monitoring and evaluation of the initiatives, including but not limited to involving in the development of the monitoring and evaluation instruments and involving in the monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Communication and Promotion of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives (40%): Involve in the communication and promotion of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Programmes, especially ASEAN Data Science Explorers and ASEAN Digital Empowerment, across the 10 ASEAN Member States, particularly Thailand.
The successful candidate will be assessed on the following:
For SAP-related Tasks:
- Improve visibility of existing and new programmes internally and externally
- Key CSR metrices, e.g. Lives Impacted, Number of Volunteers, and Volunteering Hours
- Level of collaboration with the rest of the team and external stakeholders
For ASEAN Foundation-related Tasks:
- Accomplishment of the assigned tasks pertaining to the implementation of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives
- Accomplishment of the assigned tasks related to the monitoring and evaluation of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives
- Accomplishment of the assigned tasks related to the communications and promotion of the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives
To apply for this position, an applicant must be a Filipino aged 21 to 26 and currently residing in the Philippines. Other required qualifications are as follows:
Education and Experience
- Degree in social science, international development, or other relevant fields
- Proven track record of successfully engaging and working with stakeholders
- Team player with the ability to absorb, synthesize and develop a wide variety of insights, combined with a set of strong organizational and coordination skills
- A max of two (2) years of working experience
- Proven experience in Project Management and Communications would be an advantage
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Excellent communication skills, responding to user needs in a prompt, courteous manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and organize data
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media
What the Fellow will receive?
- Opportunity to be exposed to both corporate and non-profit experience while gaining experience in international operations from both the ASEAN Foundation and SAP.
- Full-time salary (the salary amount will be adjusted with the standard salary of fresh graduates or employees with max. two years of work experience in the Philippines) and medical insurance as per the ASEAN Foundation's regulations
- Annual leave
- Opportunity to get upskilled during the programme
How to apply?
Any interested candidates must send the following documents to [email protected] with copy to [email protected] email subject: ASAP – Project Management Fellow (Philippines):
- Most updated CV/resume
- Expected monthly salary in USD
Note that we will only contact the selected candidates who go through the next stage of application. If you don’t receive any email from us regarding the update of your application by 7 April 2023, this means that you are not shortlisted for the next stage of application.
Friday, 31 March 2023, 23.59 Jakarta time
Please email [email protected]
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook