Terms of Reference
Digital Communications Coordinator
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Head of Communications
Matrix Report to
Term of Employment
This position is a non-ongoing position for an initial period of one year starting in May 2022, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognized that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997, ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN.
For more information, please visit: https://www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation continues its mandate to support ASEAN Community building in 2022 and beyond.
Under the Arts and Culture pillar, the ASEAN Foundation strives to make KONNECT ASEAN more impactful, empowering art workers and artists from ten ASEAN Member States and Republic of Korea through various capacity building events and art exhibits.
Under the thematic area of Community Building, eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN remains one of the Foundation’s programmes to galvanise youth volunteerism. The Foundation will also strengthen the implementation of Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment programme to provide better access to job opportunities for ASEAN youth.
Under the thematic area of Education, the ASEAN Foundation will continue to implement, among others, ASEAN Data Science Explorers, ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting and ASEAN Foundation Virtual Internship Programme, in collaboration with various partners to strengthen future-ready skills of ASEAN youth while increasing their ASEAN awareness and identity
Under the Media pillar, programmes such as ASEAN Youth Social Journalism and ASEAN Youth Video Contest remain two most important avenues to build youth’s capacity in media production and social campaign.
Several new programmes, such as ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme and ASEAN Capacity Development Programme on Cybersecurity, have started its implementation while ASEAN Seeds for the Future is currently in the phase of programme preparation. All these regional initiatives possess an overarching goal, which is to contribute to achieving the realisation of a resilient and prosperous ASEAN Community.
Each of these programmes has extensive online campaign element that requires consistent and quality support. Given that the target of the ASEAN Foundation’s programme is regionwide, it is critically important for the online campaigns to be engaging and impactful. At the same time, the messaging also needs to be relatable for youth, the main target of the Foundation. This requires a very capable Digital Communications Coordinator (DCC) with extensive experience in regional campaign and deep familiarity with digital communications tools.
The main role of the DCC is to manage the digital communications of ASEAN Foundation, ranging from social media, e-newsletter to website. The DCO is also expected to support other communications activities of the Foundation’s programmes.
In doing its task, the DCC will be supervised by the Head of Communications under the guidance of the Executive Director. At the same time, the DCC is required to work collaboratively with the Programme Team. The position covers roles such as creating social media contents, populating websites, monitoring the performance of social media platforms, and assisting other communication tasks as required.
The DCC is required to develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
- Executive Director
- Head of Programme
- Head of Finance and Administration
- All ASEAN Foundation staff
External (outside Post)
- Donors, partners
- ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs
Summary of Key Function
Social Media Management (50%)
- Develop comprehensive and robust social media strategy that can be seamlessly integrated with the overall communication strategy.
- Propose and improve ideas for social media contents by brainstorming with colleagues from communication and programme units.
- Produce social media contents independently, including, but not limited to, videos, animations, infographics, by taking account the social media platforms and the audience.
- Develop efficient and scalable social media posting schedule.
- Explore ways to add value to infographics, photos and videos used as social media visual to amplify the impact of captions.
- Seek for possibilities to do a social media cross-promotion with other ASEAN entities, regional partners, and local organisations.
- Ensure that all final social media contents are typo-free and use appropriate visuals prior to circulation.
- Conduct monthly social media monitoring and provide brief analysis report on social media performance.
- Harness the Meltwater application to identify social media aspects that can be improved.
- Improve the social media procedure of the Foundation.
Website Administration (15%)
- Propose and improve ideas for the contents of the ASEAN Foundation’s and its programmes’ websites.
- Create, develop and coordinate SEO and SEM actions and campaigns.
- Explore ways to utilise social media platforms to boost visit to the ASEAN Foundation’s and its programmes’ websites.
- Conduct monthly website monitoring and provide brief recommendation on what to improve.
- Take a leading role in coordinating with website developers.
- Harness Google Analytics application to identify website aspects that can be improved.
- Improve the website administration procedure of the Foundation.
Event Management (30%)
- Assist in developing communication products for launching events, workshops and exhibitions and liaise with vendors.
- Coordinate the social media live streaming activities, such as Facebook Live and Instagram Story.
- Coordinate the photo-taking and video-taking activities of all events by using communication protocol as a guidance.
Other Communication and Outreach Tasks (5%)
- Support the development of press releases and speeches.
- Assist in taking pictures and photos of events.
- Execute other communication and outreach tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Communication.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in digital communications (max. 5 years).
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Excellent Microsoft Office and digital skills (website and social media).
- Fluent in English (especially written).
- Proficient in managing and organising digital contents.
- Good understanding of digital trend in ASEAN.
- Good campaign monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Impeccable ability to respect communications protocol and procurement processes.
- Work experiences in ads agency and/or as a journalist, and savviness in executing regional-level communication campaign are an advantage.
- Familiarity in video and sound editing is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical, and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and can work with partners in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills.
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their applications to [email protected] and [email protected] in Cc, with email subject of DCC_AF2022. The applications must consist of the following documents:
- CV (in PDF, maximum 2 pages).
- Cover letter (in PDF), stating which position you are applying for, why you are applying, and how you may qualify for the position.
- Portfolio (samples of work).
Deadline for Application
10 May 2022
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook