Finance and Accounting Officer
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Term of Employment
This position is for an initial period of 1 year, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation needs and regular performance review.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance & Accounting Officer is responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities. S/He conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget and the ASEAN Foundation’s Financial Rules.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
- Executive Director
- All Official Staff of the ASEAN Foundation
External (outside Post)
Roles and Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks;
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts;
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes;
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers;
- Prepare payments, bank transfers and do the bank transactions;
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the management of the ASEAN Foundation in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the Executive Director as per prescribed deadlines;
- Prepare invoice to the projects for services and cost share;
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely;
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues;
- Prepare and coordinate financial audit;
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations;
- Update the Executive Director on financial status of the organisation; and
- Do payroll entry in the web banking.
- Assist the Programme Officer in reviewing budget proposals of grantees and sub-contractors
- Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents;
- Identify and provide feedback and suggestions to management related to improvements to the ASEAN Foundation's policies, procedures, processes and financial systems and related programs;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and the Direct Supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance or 2 years of relevant work experience
- Work experience from reputable audit firms, international organisations or donor organisations
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Ability to prepare and maintain the full set of accounts
- Knowledge and hands on experience with QuickBooks, SAP or other Accounting Software (for non-profit)
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia
- Knowledge of international donor agency requirements and regulations
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow through on tasks
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
- Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Able to analyse and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources;
- Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organisation;
- Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
A lump sum monthly salary will be provided commensurate with the qualification and experience.
All interested applicants to send application, stating “FAO – Name” on the subject line, with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org – a) application letter to include a cover letter and curriculum vitae, b) salary history and expected salary.
Deadline for Application
13 February 2020