TERM OF REFERENCE
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN's 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN's community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships, internships, and exchanges. We organise meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
To assist Finance and Accounting Officer during transition due to vacant position of Head of Finance and Administration position, ASEAN Foundation will hire a Finance Consultant.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under direct supervision of Finance and Accounting Officer, the Finance Consultant will:
- Prepare Bank Payment Vouchers (BPV) and ensure each BPV is attached with proper supporting documents according to Finance Rules and Regulation.
- Prepare Cash Receipts Vouchers (CRV) to record cash deposit or bank deposit.
Assist F&A Officer to prepare necessary journal correction, auto debit transaction journals and accrual journals.
- Assist F&A Officer to prepare Official Receipts.
- Assist F&A Officer to prepare invoice to donors.
- Scan signed BPV, CRV and JV in timely manner and file the vouchers properly according to sequence number and proper order category.
- Assist F&A Officer to do monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist F&A Officer to check cash/travel advance settlement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Payment transactions via cash or transfer are processed in timely manner, supported by proper documents according to Finance Rules & Regulation and properly signed.
- Advance settlements are properly documented and ready for data input within a week from submission date.
- Advance return is deposited in bank in timely manner (at least within a week from submission date).
- Finance vouchers are properly filled according to projects category and accounting period.
- Time sheets are properly filled and recorded in excel table according to accounting period.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation Report is finished in timely manner.
The total work is expected to take a total of 60 working days during September – November 2019.
The Finance Consultant will receive a lump sum fee (monthly base). The aforementioned amount includes cost incurred, i.e. phone calls, internet, local transportation. Proposed amount must be mentioned in the application letter.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in relevant specialisation (finance, business, accounting)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience as a financial/admin professional
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral donors will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office package is a must
- Knowledge of accounting software (SAP, QUICK Book, etc.) will be additional value
- Knowledge of written English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet the deadlines and work as a team
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants to send application, stating the position with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter, including the expected monthly fee
- Updated CV
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 13 OCTOBER 2019