Terms of Reference
AFOSP Impact Story
The ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU and IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder project (2015-2019) that aims to improve the livelihoods and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN countries. Its main objective is to strengthen the institutional and operational capacities of farmers’ organisations (FOs) in the region and to promote policy dialogues and interactions at all levels under the flagship of Mid Term Cooperation Programme Phase 2 (MTCP 2).
The Impact Story is a part of the AFOSP project closing activity. As the end of the project implementation of AFOSP, the ASEAN Foundation as the project implementer needs to document the best success stories and lesson learned from each regional activity. A part of project closing to show that the activities that have been conducted is based on programme indicator and meet its expectation. This publication also aims to improve the visibility and engagement of AFOSP and ASEAN Foundation towards wider audience. This document is to be submitted to Asian Farmers’ Association/AFA – IFAD
2. Purpose of Consultancy
Selected candidate(s) individual or institutional will lead in the design of the impact story and working to mandated deadlines.
3. Scope of Work
The consultancy will provide support to AFOSP-AF for the following:
- Assist the communication officer with technical support on publication design
- Lead in the preparation of printing packages (all layout and design files) for printing of publications and print out one sample/mock up
- Provide basic graphic elements, like photographic images, infographic, illustration
The impact stories output is a 20 pages’ book with size A4 and outlining the project as listed below;
- About AFOSP
- Timeline & Infographic
- Photo of ASEAN Engagement
• ASEAN Roadmap
- Human Interest Story (thematic area)
• Public-private partnership.
• Active policy dialogue with government and others in the private sector
• Agricultural initiatives
• Model of inclusive business model from Cooperative/Farmers Organisation & Private Sector
- Lesson Learnt
All deliverables will be based on the scope of work outlined above. Under the guidance of the AFOSP communications Officer, the consultant is expected to provide satisfactory deliverables. The consultant should follow the EU Visibility Guidelines as key guiding document.
The duration of the consultancy is 10 working days. The working days will not be 10 straight days, since it will take time to coordinate with other institutions as well.
7. Qualification for graphic design consultant
Essential and required qualifications for the consultant include:
- Experience in designing a publication or other communication material
- Knowledge of photography and image editing
- Ability to use various design software particularly the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and CorelDraw. Ability to use various video editing software
- University diploma or degree in graphic design (or other relevant degree or qualifications) would be an asset
|Selection & Administrative process||20 – 24 December 2019|
|Award to Consultants||26 December 2019|
|Assignment||27 December – 6 January 2020|
|Submission to ASEAN Foundation for preview and revision||7 – 10 January 2020|
|Final Delivery to ASEAN Foundation||13 January 2020|
8. Application Procedure
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Price proposal include design fee and printing cost for 1pcs mock up