Terms of Reference
Graphic Designer for Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment Programme
Direct Report to
Head of Communications and Project Coordinator of Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment Programme
Term of Employment
This position is consultancy-based for a period of 6 (six) months starting from 21 February 2022
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among the people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation in Jakarta, Indonesia, at ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 15 December 1997.
The ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN.
In 2020, the ASEAN Foundation has launched a new programme called Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment in collaboration with Plan International and with the support of Google.org, which aims to support ASEAN youth in not only acquiring the necessary 21st century skills to (re)enter the workforce, but also building a more sustainable and secure economy post-pandemic.
The programme, which will run until August 2022, will become a host to market-driven vocational trainings and job-matching sessions that targets vulnerable young people in the region. One of the key deliverables of the programme is a regionwide research on Youth Job Market and Skills Demand that has been being conducted by ASEAN Foundation. The research aims to explore current employment and labour market trends in the ASEAN region. Research covers data collection and analysis across 10 ASEAN member states: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam. The research findings will be summarised in a form of official report covering topics such as skills that are currently most needed by the industries and existing barriers that create difficulties for young people to secure a decent job.
As an important milestone for the Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment Programme, the ASEAN Foundation is seeking a graphic design consultant to produce research report layout that is aligned with both organisation and programme’s standard. The role of a Graphic Design Consultant is crucial in ensuring that these documents are well-designed and well-presented.
The position also aims to support the implementation of social media strategy and outreach of the programme. The consultant is expected to advise, suggest and implement design concept that incorporates functionality and aesthetics. Under the supervision of the Head of Communications and Project Coordinator for the programme, the designer will work with the communication and programme units to develop impactful communication materials necessary for the programme.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation the Consultant will work closely together with the Communications of the Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment to undertake the following assignments:
- Consult with programme and communication unit to create and suggest design ideas that fit for the programme.
- Provide suggestion on the best format and materials for communications product.
- In a close coordination with programme and communication team, produce a compelling layout design for official research report from the programme
- Specifically, provide suggestions on the best format and materials for official research report. Provide revisions services and produce a final version of research report
- Ensure that the development of design complies to the branding regulation of ASEAN Foundation and partners.
- Provide any other support for corporate communication purposes, as needed.
- Report Layout and design for on Youth Job Market and Skills Demand Study
- Social Media Posts (including posts for research results, beneficiaries stories)
- Event Collaterals (including backdrop, banner, programme agenda, certificate, etc)
- Programme info deck (including brochure factsheet, etc)
- Other materials as needed
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
This consultancy will be done remotely. The duration of the consultancy starts from 21 February 2022 for a period of 6 months.
All information pertaining to this assignment belongs to the ASEAN Foundation. Meanwhile, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation, Plan International and Google.org who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Ability to use various design software particularly the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and CorelDraw
- Knowledge of and experience Macromedia Dreamweaver QuarkXpress would be an added advantage
- Excellent comprehension of branding
- Of necessity are creativity, originality, fluency of Ideas, information ordering and problem sensitivity
- Must have an eye for details
- Demonstrable ability to work under a tight schedule and deliver timely and quality materials
- Flexible in revision and accommodating inputs desirable
- Experience in developing layout for regional level project or research report documents
A monthly lump sum will be paid monthly for the consultancy.
The interested consultant is required to submit a CV/profile outlining relevant experience (portfolio), example of the design of research report, proposed fee to [email protected], copying [email protected] before 16th of February 2022.
All inquiries pertaining to this application is addressed to [email protected]