TERMS OF REFERENCE
Youth play a crucial role in today's economy, with more innovations and ideas originating from teenagers and young adults. According to the Guardian report (2019), more than 80% of the startups in 2019 were dominated by youth-led groups, which is a testament to their resilience. Furthermore, there is mounting evidence pointing out that youth-led entrepreneurship/venture has a more robust rate of success in terms of time, social impacts, and financial results (Kim et al., 2020; Viguria, 2015). Not to mention, since the majority of the ASEAN member states have a sizable population of youth under 35, instilling the core values of social entrepreneurship would be a good step towards economic education in this increasingly globalised world. The effectiveness of the social enterprise model is evident as, since last year, social enterprises have been at the forefront in addressing COVID-19, from creating biometric identification systems, scaling community-based screening until delivering microfinance loans to the extremely poor and vulnerable (Bonnici & Raja 2020). This power to address COVID-19 is also present in the ASEAN region. Many young social entrepreneurs are redesigning their operations, skills, and creativity to help the local community mitigate the pandemic's social and economic impacts (SDSN Youth 2020; UNDP 2020).
Considering the imperatives and potential ability of social enterprises in leading the recovery process post-COVID, ASEAN Foundation is committed to acknowledging the contribution of social enterprise in leading the recovery process and solving the socio-economical problem in the region. Thus, to support social enterprises in the region, the ASEAN Foundation, with the support from GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and SAP, proudly delivers ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme (ASEAN SEDP). The programme aims to provide social enterprises with more significant opportunities to improve their ventures through structured capacity building, mentorship, financing, and access to marketplaces. This year, ASEAN-SEDP is focusing on the theme of "Social Innovations for the Sustainable ASEAN Community". The programme is targeting a total of 20 selected social enterprises from 10 ASEAN Member States (AMS) with innovative projects that focus on six SDGs: (1) No Poverty, (2) Good Health and Well-Being, (3) Quality Education, (4) Gender Equality, (5) Responsible Consumption and Production, and (6) Climate Action.
As the programme is currently implemented and approaching the final month of the programme, the ASEAN Foundation plans to conduct a demo day to select three social enterprises that will receive seed grants from the programme. In addition, after the demo day, the ASEAN Foundation also plan to implement a showcase day to promote the social enterprises under ASEAN SEDP through webinar and masterclasses relevant with the work areas of social enterprises.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Project Coordinator of ASEAN SEDP and Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation, the Consultant will be hired to produce a high-quality and engaging demo day and webinar live stream. To minimise technical issues that may arise during the live online roundtable, some of the event segments will be pre-recorded, edited and stitched together with the live segments of the online roundtable. The Consultant will ensure that the pre-recorded sessions are seamlessly integrated during the event live streaming. Additionally, the Consultant will also need to attend and provide technical advice to some pre-recorded sessions.
The Consultant is expected to produce a live stream that meets the following qualifications:
- Able to save and download recordings, use screen sharing feature, include pre-recorded videos and audio clips and have its custom branding
- Facebook live and, if possible, YouTube live enabled
- Customised full-screen graphic overlays, watermarks, and lower-thirds text
- Smooth transition between multiple layouts and on-the-fly scene adaptation with real-time composition and switching
- Able to host up to 200 people
- Responsive to technical issues (Ex.: In case of a speaker dropping out of the platform, the Consultant should be able to quickly plug in the holding image to allow the transition to the next speaker)
The duration of the consultancy is expected to take place from 25 October 2021 to 20 November 2021. The estimated timeframe does not reflect the actual number of days worked but the recommended time needed to complete the above tasks and responsibilities. Below is the timeline for the deliverables.
- Demonstration of the 1st plan of Live streaming on 29 October 2021
- Demonstration of the 2nd plan of Live streaming on 01 November 2021
- Execution of ASEAN SEDP Demo Day on 05 November 2021
- Execution of ASEAN SEDP Showcase Day on 11 November 2021
- Delivery of final, clean recorded live stream videos and event photos on 15 November 2021
- A high quality and engaging 6 hours of ASEAN SEDP Demo Day
- High quality and engaging a total 8 hours of Showcase Day of ASEAN SEDP
- 40 best photos from the ASEAN SEDP Demo Day, 20 Photos from Social Enterprise Pitching, 20 from overall Demo Day Implementation
- 1-minute summary video of the live stream both for demo day and showcase day
- Attendance and supervision to some pre-recorded sessions,
- Livestreaming equipment (camera, audio equipment, lighting, green screen, etc.)
- Digital assets, which include but are not limited to:
Event e-posters (event name, event speakers and moderators, transition posters, etc.)
Short transition videos for certain segments
Virtual background for MC, speakers and moderator
PPT template for speakers
All information about to this project belongs to the ASEAN Foundation, which the Consultant may contact in his/her performance. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation, who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional experience in hosting a webinar and live streaming of national and international events
- Eye for design and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to work in tight deadlines
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and requests from client
- Able to produce and record in Jakarta
All interested applicants are required to submit CV, Portfolio specifically outlining their experiences in hosting a live streaming of national and international events AND price proposal application by 2 November 2021 to [email protected], with CC to [email protected] , with the subject: "LIVE STREAMING CONSULTANT FOR THE ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme Demo & Announcement Day". Any inquiries about this opportunity can be addressed to [email protected]
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook