TERMS OF REFERENCE
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) have transformed many aspects of our lives and offered unprecedented opportunities and challenges. With the booming digital economy—various industries are in urgent need of ICT talent. According to a World Bank report, the ICT talent gap will reach 2 million in the next five years. Closing such a large gap is not easy, and it cannot be done by a single company or a handful of companies on their own.
In ASEAN – over the last decade, ministers, policymakers, regulators and industry have come together to develop the ICT landscape with ASEAN by developing the ASEAN ICT Master Plan to harness the potential of ICT in establishing the ASEAN Economic Community.
Above all, with the coronavirus changing the world, especially the model of education is highly affected, the ASEAN Foundation, in partnership with Huawei, would like to organise the Asia Pacific Innovation Day – Digital Talent Summit to discuss and address the needs of ICT talent affected by the epidemic across ASEAN. The summit brings together the Huawei experts, ASEAN governments and policymakers, think tank organisations and academia across the Region.
This event also will be utilised to announce the launching of the new partnership between Huawei and ASEAN Foundation to implement the regional programme on Seeds for the Future Programme in ASEAN region, this programme seeks to develop ICT talent among the ASEAN youth, enhance the knowledge transfer, encourage a greater understanding of the ICT sector, and promote regional building and participation in the digital community.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation, the Consultant will be hired to produce a high-quality and engaging virtual summit. To minimise technical issues that may arise during the summit, some of the event segments will be pre-recorded, edited and stitched together with the live segments of the summit. The Consultant will be responsible for ensuring that the pre-recorded sessions are seamlessly integrated during the event live streaming. Additionally, the Consultant will also need to attend and provide technical advice to some of the pre-recorded sessions.
The Consultant is expected to produce a live stream that meets the following qualifications:
- Able to save and download recordings, use screen sharing feature, include pre-recorded videos, and audio clips and have its own custom branding
- Facebook live and, if possible, YouTube live enabled
- Customised full-screen graphic overlays, watermarks, and lower-thirds text
- Smooth transition between multiple layouts and on-the-fly scene adaptation with real-time composition and switching
- Able to host up to 200 people
- Responsive to technical issues (Ex.: In case of a speaker dropping out of the platform, the Consultant should be able to quickly plug in the holding image to allow transition to the next speaker)
The duration of the consultancy is expected to take place from 18 October 2021 to 3 November 2021. The estimated timeframe does not reflect the actual number of days worked but the recommended time needed to complete the above tasks and responsibilities. Moreover, it is noted that due to the nature of the assignment, there will be time when no actual work will occur because the Consultant will be waiting for either clearance from the ASEAN Foundation and Huawei. Below is the timeline for the deliverables.
- Demonstration of the 1st plan of Live streaming on 22 October 2021
- Demonstration of the 2nd plan of Live streaming on 29 October 2021
- Execution of roundtable live stream on 3 November 2021
- Delivery of final, clean recorded live stream videos and event photos on 3 November 2021
- A high quality and engaging 3-4 hours of virtual summit
- 20 best photos from the roundtable live stream
- 1-minute summary video of the live stream
- Attendance and supervision to some pre-recorded sessions,
- Support to the MC segment, which requires physical attendance and equipment
- Livestreaming equipment (camera, audio equipment, lighting, green screen, etc.)
- Digital assets, which include but not limited to:
- Countdown animation
- Background music
- Event e-posters (event name, event speakers and moderators, transition posters, etc.)
- Short transition videos for certain segments
- Virtual background for MC, speakers and moderator
- PPT template for speakers
All information pertaining to this project belongs to the ASEAN Foundation, which the Consultant may come into contact within his/her performance. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation and Huawei who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional experience in hosting webinar and live streaming of national and international events
- Eye for design and attention to details are essential
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to work in tight deadline
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and requests from client
- Able to produce and record in Jakarta
All interested applicants are required to submit their application entries with their portfolio AND proposed price quote with the EMAIL SUBJECT “LIVE STREAMING CONSULTANT - Digital Talent Summit 2021” to [email protected] with CC to anthoni.oc[email protected] and [email protected].
14 September 2021