TERMS OF REFERENCE
The World Economic Forum has identified viral online misinformation and disinformation as one of the biggest threats to society. ASEAN is also not immune to this threat. There have been instances where information was distorted to provoke violence, sow hate.
Young people are among the most vulnerable groups who are prone to radicalisation, hate speech, false news and intolerance. Based on UNESCO study, 54% of youth respondents didn’t know how to respond to hate and extremist material they encounter online. However, on a more encouraging note, 92% of youth respondents embraced the idea that media and information literacy competencies can help to empower young people to protect themselves from radical and extremist groups and counter hate speech online.
ASEAN is taking a concrete step to prevent misinformation and disinformation. In 2018, the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information adopted the Framework and Joint Statement to Minimise the Harmful Effects of Fake News. ASEAN has also launched its ASEAN Digital Literacy, which aims to promote greater cybersecurity as part of the fight against online disinformation. In addition, 2021 saw ASEAN develop a guideline of Training of Trainers programme that targets secondary school teachers, university tutors and lecturers to improve the digital information literacy of young people.
As a way to contribute to the effort, the ASEAN Foundation with the support of Google will implement a virtual roundtable discussion that discusses topic around misinformation and disinformation in ASEAN on 20 October 2021. This event also will be utilised to announce the launching of the regional programme on media and information literacy. This new regional programme aims to raise awareness of the importance of media and information literacy in combating misinformation and disinformation, and build media literacy capacity of youth, teachers, parents, elderly and community leaders so that they can detect, counter and prevent online hoaxes and fake news. The programme is expected to be launched as a virtual event inviting various key stakeholders from the public and private sector.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation, the Consultant will be hired to produce a high-quality and engaging roundtable discussion live stream. To minimise technical issues that may arise during the live online roundtable, some of the event segments will be pre-recorded, edited and stitched together with the live segments of the online roundtable. The Consultant will be responsible for ensuring that the pre-recorded sessions are seamlessly integrated during the event live streaming. Additionally, the Consultant will also need to attend and provide technical advice to some of the pre-recorded sessions.
The Consultant is expected to produce a live stream that meets the following qualifications:
- Able to save and download recordings, use screen sharing feature, include pre-recorded videos, and audio clips and have its own custom branding
- Facebook live and, if possible, YouTube live enabled
- Customised full-screen graphic overlays, watermarks, and lower-thirds text
- Smooth transition between multiple layouts and on-the-fly scene adaptation with real-time composition and switching
- Able to host up to 200 people
- Responsive to technical issues (Ex.: In case of a speaker dropping out of the platform, the Consultant should be able to quickly plug in the holding image to allow transition to the next speaker)
The duration of the consultancy is expected to take place from 27 September 2021 to 30 October 2021. The estimated timeframe does not reflect the actual number of days worked but the recommended time needed to complete the above tasks and responsibilities. Moreover, it is noted that due to the nature of the assignment, there will be time when no actual work will occur because the Consultant will be waiting for either clearance from the ASEAN Foundation and Google. Below is the timeline for the deliverables.
- Demonstration of the 1st plan of Live streaming on 4 October 2021
- Demonstration of the 2nd plan of Live streaming on 15 October 2021
- Execution of roundtable live stream on 20 October 2021
- Delivery of final, clean recorded live stream videos and event photos on 30 October 2021
- A high quality and engaging 90-minute of roundtable live stream
- 20 best photos from the roundtable live stream
- 1-minute summary video of the live stream
- Attendance and supervision to some pre-recorded sessions,
- Support to the MC segment, which requires physical attendance and equipment
- Livestreaming equipment (camera, audio equipment, lighting, green screen, etc.)
- Digital assets, which include but not limited to:
Event e-posters (event name, event speakers and moderators, transition posters, etc.)
Short transition videos for certain segments
Virtual background for MC, speakers and moderator
PPT template for speakers
All information pertaining to this project belong to the ASEAN Foundation, which the Consultant may come into contact with in his/her performance. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation and Google who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional experience in hosting webinar and live streaming of national and international events
- Eye for design and attention to details are essential
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to work in tight deadline
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last minute changes and requests from client
- Able to produce and record in Jakarta
All interested applicants are required to submit their application entries specifically outlining their experiences in hosting webinar and live streaming of national and international events AND proposed price quote with the EMAIL SUBJECT “LAUNCHING PROGRAMME ON COMBATTING MISINFORMATION AND DISINFORMATION” to [email protected] with CC to [email protected] and [email protected].
Any inquiries pertaining to this opportunity can be addressed to [email protected]
24 September 2021