Term of Reference
Initiated by the ASEAN Foundation, the 6th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting (AFMAM) 2020 targets under-graduate students from universities across ASEAN to receive capacity development training and simulate how decision-makers of ASEAN address regional issues in a meeting. Students will be able to role-play senior officials, ministers, and leaders of ASEAN to learn about ASEAN’s mechanism in resolving and making decision upon certain regional challenges. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s AFMAM will be run virtually, involving over 70 students.
To help make the virtual event more engaging, we are looking to hire one female and one male masters of ceremonies (MCs) to play an important role as anchor of information providing all AFMAM-related information to the participants and ensuring that the events runs without glitches.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The 2 MCs will be responsible for the following throughout the event:
- Introduce speakers, resource persons and other AFMAM-related individuals in an honorable fashion
- Announce upcoming sessions and providing brief information about those sessions
- Ensure seamless transition between sections of the programme, including reminding all parties about time limit
- Help to ensure that every session is started and ended in timely manner
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
Since this year’s AFMAM is conducted virtually, the two male and female MCs can be stationed remotely. The assignment duration is two days, which are on 4 September (opening event of 6th AFMAM 2020) and 7 September 2020 (closing event of 6th AFMAM 2020).
The two MCs are required to be present at the virtual event at least 1 hour earlier and stand by until the end of session. The MCs are also obligated to allocate one day to have a briefing with the organising team.
- Punctual attendance throughout the event
- Correct pronunciation of the names of the delegates, the speakers, the resource persons, the organisations and the sessions
- Communication approach that is suitable for both adult and youth audiences as well as formal and informal proceedings
- Perfect comprehension of the agenda, ensuring that all transitions of sessions are done smoothly and sessions are started and ended in timely manner
- Demonstration of interactive, enthusiastic and respectful approach in leading the event
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong stage presence
- Punctual time management
- Impeccable professional communication skill
- Composed nature
- Experienced in guiding a formal and informal ceremony
- Excellent spoken English skills
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address of [email protected]. It is advisable to put the email subject of MC_6thAFMAM2020. Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- CVs and portfolio of candidate
The MCs will be paid @140 USD per MC for two days. The payment will be made through Bank Transfer.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Sunday, 16 August 2020