TERMS OF REFERENCE
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997. The ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN and exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN. For more information, visit: https://aseanfoundation.org.
The ASEAN Foundation, with the support of Google.org, is implementing ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme (ASEAN DLP) until 2024. The programme aims to promote greater digital literacy in the ASEAN region to fight against online disinformation and misinformation by providing capacity building, carrying out deep-dive research, developing e-learning platform, and rolling out regional campaign with beneficiaries ranging from youth, parents, elderlies, teachers, community leaders, and government officials.
After two years of implementation, ASEAN DLP has equipped more than 190,000 people across the region with digital literacy knowledge, achieved through a series of capacity building trainings led by more than 1,500 Master Trainers in ten ASEAN countries. In parallel, another key component of the programme, which is the ASEAN Youth Advisory Groups, has successfully managed to build greater awareness about the importance of digital literacy through trainings and campaigns targeting grassroot communities. Many inspiring stories came about during the implementation that need to be highlighted as the impact of the programme. To ensure that these achievements can be effectively communicated with a larger audience in ASEAN, the support of a capable and experienced media engagement consultant is necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of Communications Officer for ASEAN DLP, and the guidance of Head of Communications of ASEAN Foundation, the Consultant will be required to support the development and dissemination of success stories as advertorial articles. Below are the assignments:
- Proofread and edit existing success stories in English
- Translate success stories to local language
- Identify and recommend specific prominent media in Indonesia and Singapore
- Disseminate the final success stories to the media in Indonesia and Singapore
- Liaise with media for additional inquiries for information and interviews
- Assist and supervise interview arrangements
- Document/compile all publications and create a media monitoring report
- Success story article in English and Indonesia
- Success story advertorial articles dissemination in Indonesia (Kompas and Jakarta Post) and Singapore (The Strait Times) or equivalent media
- Media monitoring report
Develop Advertorial Article
Publish Advertorial Article
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this project belonging to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact with, in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation who shall have the exclusive rights over their use. Except for the purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A professional Media Agency/ Consultant
- Has experience in working/engaging with the ASEAN Entities is more preferred
- Has mastery/or a native speaker of local language
- Has good media networks in project sites
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and requests from client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the work results
Any eligible organisation and/or professional keen to apply for this opportunity is required to send the following documents:
- Organisation/company profile and portfolio of similar work
- A service quotation