Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness, and contact among the people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on December 15th, 1997. The ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN and exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN. For more information, visit https://aseanfoundation.org.
Continuing the success of the ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme (ASEAN SEDP) Phase 1 in 2020, the ASEAN Foundation, with support from TikTok and SAP, will implement the ASEAN SEDP 2.0 in 2023 to empower social enterprises across the ASEAN region by promoting productivity, technology, and innovation, increasing access to finance, enhancing market access and internationalisation, also promoting entrepreneurship and human capital development. ASEAN SEDP 2.0 will serve as an accelerator programme that aims to provide customised capacity building, mentorship, coaching, facilitation to market, and seed funding to 20 youth-led social enterprises in ten ASEAN countries.
To publicly announce the programme as well as the partnership to regional stakeholders, the ASEAN Foundation and TikTok will co-organise the Grand Launching of ASEAN SEDP 2.0 on 15 June 2023 at Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Jakarta. The event will be part of a bigger event called TikTok Southeast Asia Social Impact Forum that takes place on the same day. The Grand Launching of ASEAN SEDP 2.0 will have the element of exchange ceremony of Memorandum of Understanding between the ASEAN Foundation and TikTok.
In connection with the above, the ASEAN Foundation is seeking capable Media Engagement Consultant to ensure good media coverage for the event.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Communications Consultant for ASEAN SEDP 2.0 and under the guidance of the Head of Communications of ASEAN Foundation, the Consultant is expected to carry out the following assignments:
- Develop one press release in Bahasa Indonesia and English highlighting the grand launching, ASEAN SEDP 2.0’s key information, its importance to the social enterprise’ empowerment in ASEAN, and regional partnership between ASEAN Foundation, TikTok, and SAP. The press release will have, among others, quote from the three organisations and photos of the event.
- Disseminate the press release to media outlets in ten ASEAN countries, especially Indonesia and Singapore
- Provide a FAQ guide related to the programme and partnership to response to questions from the media.
EXPECTED OUTCOME AND OUTPUTS
- At least 10 printed and online media coverage from Indonesia and 5 from Singapore generated.
- 1 press release in Bahasa Indonesia and 1 press release in English
- 1 list of media outlets from Indonesia and Singapore interested to cover the event
- 1 FAQ guide
- 1 post-event media monitoring report covering relevant data
The consultancy will run from 29 May to 29 June 2023 with all deliverables receiving approval from the ASEAN Foundation.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
All information pertaining to this project belonging to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact within the performance of his/her duties under this assignment, shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation, which shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A professional PR Agency/consultant
- Has experience in working/engaging ASEAN entities
- Has excellent media networks in Indonesia and Singapore
- Has good knowledge of social entrepreneurship and public-private partnership
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and request from the client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the work results
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an application which consists of:
- Consultant profile outlining: a) CV for an individual consultant or CV of all the team members that will involve in the consultancy and their role in the consultancy, b) List of media networks, c) Sample of works/portfolio.
- Quotation (a lump sum financial quote in US Dollars that includes all expected costs for the consultancy period).
Please submit the necessary application documents by 26 May 2023 with the email subject “ASEAN SEDP 2.0 Media Engagement Consultant” to [email protected] and cc to [email protected] and [email protected]