TERMS OF REFERENCE
Media Engagement for the Regional Orientation Workshop
Empowering Youths Across Asean Programme (EYAA): Cohort 3
24 - 27 July 2023, Bangkok Thailand
The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN (EYAA)—launched in conjunction with the ASEAN Day on 8 August 2018—is a collaborative programme by the ASEAN Foundation and Maybank Foundation dedicated to empowering youth and communities across the region. The programme provides youth with an experiential and educative learning platform through social volunteerism. They collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds to implement their ideas and advocate solutions to grounded issues in local communities across ASEAN. They delve into an impactful journey to make a tangible, meaningful change among target communities in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines. Since 2018, the programme has empowered 175 youths, collaborated with 20 civil society organisations (CSOs), and directly impacted 38,933 community members across ASEAN.
The ASEAN Foundation is seeking for capable media engagement consultant to conduct a press conference and to ensure the smooth communication of the publication and dissemination of the press release from the regional orientation workshop event in prominent media networks in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Communications Consultant for EYAA: Cohort 3 and under the guidance of the Head of Communications of ASEAN Foundation 3, the consultant is expected to carry out the following assignments:
- Organise a press conference for a regional orientation workshop in Bangkok, Thailand
- Develop one press release in English and its translation to Khmer, Indonesian, Malay, Tagalog, and Thai highlighting the regional workshop, the key points of the workshop, its importance to the youth and community empowerment in ASEAN, and regional partnership between ASEAN Foundation and Maybank Foundation. The press release will have, among others, quotes from the two organisations, testimonials from the youth and social enterprise representatives, and photos of the event.
- Disseminate the press release to media outlets focusing on six ASEAN countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand).
- Provide a FAQ guide related to the orientation workshop to response to questions from the media.
- A list of recommended prominent media outlets (minimum 5 media) in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand;
- Press release draft in English, Khmer, Indonesian, Malay, Tagalog, and Thai;
- Press release dissemination in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand;
- A press conference in the opening of regional workshop in Bangkok, Thailand, involving local and international media based in Bangkok;
- A media brief and FAQ guide for all spokespersons from ASEAN Foundation and Maybank to response to the questions from the media;
- A final report, which includes audience reach and PR Value from each article.
- At least 40 printed and online media coverage from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand generated.
Application and Quotation Submission
7 - 18 June 2023
Internal Procurement Process
19 – 30 June 2023
Development of Media Brief
3 - 7 July 2023
Revision and Approval of Media Brief
10 – 24 July 2023
25 July 2023
25 - 31 July 2023
Monitoring and Reporting
1 - 31 August 2023
*Please note that this timeline is subject to change depending on the progress of each phase and will be updated regularly. By applying for the work, you agree to adjust the timeline/workplan accordingly when it is necessary and requested by the ASEAN Foundation.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this project belongs to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact within the performance of his/her, and duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation. ASEAN Foundation shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for the purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A professional PR Agency/ Consultant
- Experienced in working/engaging with the ASEAN Entities is preferred
- Has good media networks on project sites
- Has good knowledge of social projects
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and requests from client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the work results
Any eligible organisation and/or professional keen to apply for this opportunity is required to send the following documents:
- Organisation/company profile and portfolio of similar work
- A service quotation