The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN (EYAA)—launched in conjunction with the ASEAN Day on 8 August 2018—is a collaborative programme by the ASEAN Foundation and Maybank Foundation dedicated to empowering youth and communities across the region. The programme provides an experiential and educative learning platform for young changemakers through social volunteerism, encouraging them to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds to implement their ideas and advocate solutions to grounded issues in local communities across ASEAN. They delve into an impactful journey to make a tangible, meaningful change among target communities in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore.
Since its inception in 2018, the programme has successfully cultivated three cohorts comprising 283 youth volunteers (YVs), who have implemented 30 impactful community projects in collaboration with local civil society organizations (CSOs) and social enterprises (SEs). This collective effort has directly benefited 108,175 community members across ASEAN. Explore further about the impact of EYAA at www.aseanfoundation.org.
The Regional Capacity Building Workshop aims at the following objectives:
- To connect all participants with CSO/SE representatives and to provide a platform to meet in person prior to implementing their projects.
- To equip the selected YV and CSO/SE representatives with the necessary information and resources to ensure effective implementation of their respective projects in the assigned project sites across Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore.
- To provide the selected YV and CSO/SE representatives with an opportunity to explain and present their proposed projects and receive feedback from relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to, ASEAN Foundation, Maybank Foundation, ASEAN Secretariat, and other relevant stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Communications Consultant of EYAA: Cohort 3 and under the guidance of the Head of Communications of ASEAN Foundation, the consultant is expected to carry out the following assignments:
- Organise a press conference during the Regional Capacity Building Workshop in Bangkok.
- Develop one press release in English and its translation to Khmer, Indonesian, Malay, Tagalog, and Thai highlighting the Regional Capacity Building Workshop and the regional partnership between ASEAN Foundation and Maybank Foundation. The press release will have, among others, quotes from the two organisations and testimonials from youth volunteers, alumni and representatives of CSOs.
- Disseminate the press release to media outlets in five ASEAN countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand).
- Provide a FAQ guide related to the orientation workshop to response to questions from the media.
- A list of recommended prominent media outlets in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand;
- Press release draft in English, Khmer, Indonesian, Malay, Tagalog, and Thai;
- Press release dissemination in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thai;
- A press conference in the Regional Capacity Building Workshop event, involving local and international media based in Bangkok;
- A media brief and FAQ guide for all spokespersons from ASEAN Foundation and Maybank to response to the questions from the media;
- A final report, which includes audience reach and PR Value from each article.
At least 50 printed and online media clippings from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand generated.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this project belongs to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact within the performance of his/her, and duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation. ASEAN Foundation shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for the purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A professional PR Agency/ Consultant
- Experienced in working/engaging with the ASEAN Entities is preferred
- Has good media networks on project sites
- Has good knowledge of social projects
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and requests from client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the work results
Any eligible organisation and/or professional keen to apply for this opportunity is required to send the following documents:
- Organisation/agency/company profile
- Organisation/agency/company portfolio of similar work
- A service quotation
Need to be submitted by 15 February 2023 with EMAIL SUBJECT “Media Engagement Consultant_Regional Capacity Building Workshop 2024” to [email protected] and cc [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected].