Terms of References
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that there remained inadequate shared of prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN's 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN's community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
To this day, we continue to complement ASEAN priorities and continuously work hard to strengthen the ASEAN Community. Covering four thematic areas (i.e. Education, Arts and Culture, Media Development, and Community Building), we provide support in the form of training, workshops, scholarship grants, regional forums and meetings, interaction activities and exchanges, seminar and conferences, publicity and promotions – executed through a collective work between units.
To ensure day to day in Operations Unit run smoothly, the consultant will be hired to provide support on various tasks undertaken by the Operations unit of the ASEAN Foundation. These include several offices administrative, logistics, filing and finance tasks, including the monthly filling of expenses and accounting. The hired consultant will report to Head of Operations and work closely under guidance of Executive Support and Administrative Officer, Sr Finance and Accounting Officer and Sr Human Resources (HR) and Alumni Engagement Officer.
SCOPE OF WORK
A Consultant will be responsible for the following:
Assist in the procurement and administration
- Assist in the bidding process for any purchase-related to general/operational purposes.
- Assist in creating requested PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) materials for Head of Operations related to the Board of Trustees Meeting and external meeting.
- Assist in preparing payment request credit card billing every month.
- Assist in checking reimbursement supporting staff.
- Assist in preparing settlement of petty cash and scanning supporting documents.
- Updating vendor master data.
- Compile and save Purchase Order (PO), SSA and vendor contracts properly in OneDrive
Assist in financial management
- Check if all invoices, receipts, quotations, and other supporting documents for the payment process are correct and complete according to Finance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Prepare A/P Invoice in excel format and create bank transfers for each approved payment.
- Digitalise finance vouchers and store properly in OneDrive.
- Assist in human resources & alumni engagement in preparing cash advance, cash advance settlement and payment request related to human resources and ASEAN Foundation’s events and submit them to Finance and Accounting unit.
- Undertake other tasks and activities as requested.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
Operations consultant is expected to support the smooth running of the organisation’s day to day payment and administrative.
The service is expected to take 9 (nine) months from 01 June 2023 to 29 February 2024, with a minimum of 20 working days on site per month and 8 hours per day.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in relevant specialisation (finance, business, accounting)
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience as a financial/admin professional
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office package is a must
- Knowledge of accounting software (SAP, QUICK Book, etc.) will be additional value
- Knowledge of written English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet the deadlines and work as a team
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
- Submission of applications is on Friday, 19 May 2023
- Applications can be submitted electronically to The Procurement Committee, ASEAN Foundation at [email protected]
- Please put your expected salary, and the format of subject emails is : Your Name – Operations Consultant