TERMS OF REFERENCE
OPERATIONS UNIT - FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION INTERN
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. For more info about the ASEAN Foundation, visit: www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation is seeking an on-site intern to support the operations function of the organisation, under the leadership of the Head of Operations.
The Operations Intern will provide support for various tasks carried out by the Finance and Administration subunit of the ASEAN Foundation. These tasks encompass office administration, logistics, filing, and finance responsibilities, including the monthly filing of expenses and accounting.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
- Assist in financial management
- Receive and verify that all invoices, receipts, quotations, and other supporting documents for the payment process are correct and complete in accordance with Finance SOP.
- Prepare bank transfers for each approved payment.
- Digitise finance vouchers and store them appropriately in OneDrive.Assist in procurement and administration
- Support the bidding process for any purchases related to general/operational purposes.
- Assist in preparing monthly payment requests for credit card billing.
- Assist in checking reimbursement support for staff.
- Assist in preparing petty cash settlements and scanning supporting documents.
- Update vendor master data.
- Assist in preparing documents for MoFA and other institutions.
- Undertake other tasks and activities as requested
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The intern is expected to contribute to the smooth operation of the organisation's finance, administrative, and property functions.
The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working within an ASEAN body and to learn about ASEAN affairs, specifically the work of the ASEAN Foundation in supporting the ASEAN community-building process. The intern will acquire knowledge about the work environment, work ethics, and develop skills in planning, management, coordination, and administration.
September to December 2023
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate studies in accounting or business administration.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to plan and organise work effectively.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of social networking tools is an asset.