Terms of Reference
Photographer and Videographer
ASEAN Digital Innovation Programme’s Future Ready ASEAN Competition
28 – 29 November 2019, Bangkok
The ASEAN Digital Innovation Programme (ADIP) is a joint initiative programme between the ASEAN Foundation and Microsoft that aims to create a generation of future-ready ASEAN youth. The programme serves as a platform to provide quality digital skills' training, specifically computer science education training, to underserved youth aged 15 to 35 across seven selected ASEAN Member States, namely Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam.
Aimed at building the digital skills of 46,000 youths, the programme blends learning programme of in-person activities and online learning journey called Future Ready ASEAN website. The programme strives to achieve its goal by organising workshops to empower 520 educators in collaboration with higher education institutions, civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations and with support from Microsoft, local governments and communities in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam.
Following the workshops, a blog-making competition called Future Ready ASEAN competition will be held on 28 - 29 November 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand. The competition invites and challenges youth and mentor alike to apply and build an impactful blog from scratch that can serve as a platform to drive sustainability in the communities by using the Digital Citizen track in the Future Ready ASEAN's website as a basis. For this occasion, we are seeking a highly capable team of photographer and videographer to capture and edit photos and videos of the event.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation, the consultant will carry out their assignments from 28 November to 9 December 2019. The consultant is required to capture photos and videos of the event on 28 – 29 November 2019 and make use of the remaining days to edit the photos and videos to be delivered on 9 December 2019. The consultant is also expected to allocate their time for a briefing one day before the event.
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station is in Bangkok, Thailand. The total duration of assignment will be from 28 November to 9 December 2019.
Video documentation of the event that consists of:
- 3 edited testimony videos of the winners without subtitles. These videos are expected to be submitted to ASEAN Foundation by 9 December 2019
- A one-minute teaser video. This video is expected to be submitted to ASEAN Foundation by 9 December 2019
- All raw video footages taken during the 2-day event. This deliverable is expected to be submitted to ASEAN Foundation at the end of the event
Photo documentation of the event that consists of:
- Hi-res, edited photos of the programme, perfectly capturing the 2-day competition.
- The edited photographs are expected to be submitted to ASEAN Foundation by 6 December 2019
- All raw photos taken during the 2-day event. This deliverable is expected to be submitted to ASEAN Foundation at the end of the event
- ASEAN Foundation is entitled to up to 3 revisions for all output
All information pertaining to this project (photo and video documentation) belong to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Skilled in photography, videography and editing
- Experienced in taking photo and video for international forums and conferences
- Ownership or possession of a high-resolution state of the art digital camera and video camera and equipment is a MUST
- Have excellent command in English verbal and writing
- Priority will be given to applicants who are residing in Bangkok. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Bangkok
- Ability to work in tight deadline
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. It is advisable to put the email subject of CPV_ADIP2019. Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- CV and portfolio of candidate
- Price quotation
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
8 November 2019