Terms of Reference
KONNECT ASEAN is one of the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community projects that is supported by the ASEAN – ROK Cooperation Fund (AKCF). The programme addresses the Strategic Plan for Culture and Arts 2016-2025 of the Senior Officials Meeting on Culture and Arts by contributing to the realization of strategic priority no. 4.1, which is to encourage a multi-stakeholder approach in promoting an ASEAN mind-set and identity to increase the appreciation for ASEAN’s histories, arts, traditions and values. At the same time, KONNECT ASEAN addresses the work plan of ASEAN-ROK Plan of Action, 2016-2020 by promoting cooperation in the area of culture and arts.
One of the activities of KONNECT ASEAN is the ASAN Commemorative Publication. The inaugural publication aims to promote art collections that are currently displayed at ASEAN Gallery at the new building of ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC). To commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the ASEAN Gallery taking place next year, a publication that highlights the achievements of ASEAN Gallery will be an excellent catalyst for educating and creating awareness of ASEAN among art lovers, the diplomatic service and the wider ASEAN Community. The publication will highlight the role of the ASEAN Gallery and ASEC as platforms that bring ASEAN closer to the people.
The publication is expected to have high educational value and can easily be accessed by broader audience. Additionally, the design and packaging of the publication will also be optimised so that it ca be used as a diplomatic gift and displayed in major libraries and archives across Asia. In order to document excellent, high resolution photos of art collections at ASEAN Gallery, we are seeking for a capable photographer.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation (AF) and KONNECT ASEAN Project Director, and by coordinating closely with Project Officer of KONNECT ASEAN from the ASEAN Foundation, the Photographer will carry out their assignments by producing and editing high-quality pictures. The objective of this consultancy is to document the images of the ASEAN Collection’s featured art pieces, which will be included into the publication.
In summary, the Photographer has to:
- Be responsible for the shooting, production and editing of all materials
- Deliver outputs that are dynamic and high quality as well as social media and printing compatible
- Entitlement to 3 revisions
- Photo documentation of the featured ASEAN Collection art pieces, that consists of:
- Minimum 3 edited, hi-res photos of each object, perfectly capturing the object with a variety of shot types
- Approximately 100 paintings and objects to be documented
- All raw photos taken for this consultancy
Identify art pieces to be featured in consultation with CRD
ASEAN Collection documentation
Submission of documentation
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this project belonging to the ASEAN Foundation-KONNECT ASEAN, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation- KONNECT ASEAN who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation- KONNECT ASEAN in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable. While the credit title of photographs and videos belong to the creator, the ASEAN Foundation-KONNECT ASEAN is not responsible for any infringement of copyright arising from the consultant’s work under this assignment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Ownership of state-of-the-art photography equipment including proper lighting and picture editing software is a MUST
- Has extensive experience in taking photo of objects
- Has good understanding of ASEAN
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last minute changes and requests from client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the final video
- Priority will be given to applicants who are residing in Jakarta. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Jakarta.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org. cc to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. It is advisable to put the email subject of KONNECT Publication Photographer. Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- CVs and portfolio
- Price quotation
Deadline: 23 June 2020