TERMS OF REFERENCE
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN.
For more info about the ASEAN Foundation, visit www.aseanfoundation.org
We seek a capable Programmes Intern who will positively contribute to achieve the goals of programmes plan of ASEAN Foundation.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
The intern would work closely with programme staff and he/she is expected to deliver the following tasks:
- Assist programme management in the ASEAN Foundation’s thematic areas of Arts & Culture (KONNECT ASEAN Programme), Education (ASEAN Data Science Explorers, SEDP, SEEDS, AFMAM, Internship), Community Building (EYAA, ADLP) and Media (ASEAN Youth Social Journalism), for example by elaborating on work plans implementation on the ASEAN Foundation projects which falls under Arts and Culture, Education, Community Building and Media.
- Assist in other programme implementation work by undertaking ad-hoc assignments, including programme assistance functions, such as mailing, logistical arrangements (meeting and travel arrangements, etc) and organisational coordination (liaison with participants, etc)
- Develop Minutes of Meeting (MoM).
- Maintain a resource database of experts, officials and institutions, ensuring the most relevant and up-to-date information, to facilitate programme related contacts and communication.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Support the programme team to regularly report on progress and implementation of activities.
- Support reporting processes based on the performance of individual projects/initiatives and agreed outcomes, outputs, indicators.
- Support and initiate the development of graphs to illustrate accumulated data for reports and presentations to stakeholders
- Prepare texts for web stories on programme initiatives and contribute to programme visibility.
Undertake other tasks and activities as requested, and where applicable.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The intern will be able to demonstrate the ability to develop work plans, synthesise information for reporting purposes, research information for funding proposals and write stories about the programmes.
The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provide the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs – the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community building process. The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation, management, coordination and administration skills.
At least 2 months or 8 weeks
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning as an undergraduate or graduate student in a relevant field
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Tech savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
- Demonstrate commitment to ASEAN Foundation mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability