Terms of Reference
(ASEAN Seeds for the Future Programme)
|Classification||Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3|
|Direct Report to||Head of Programme|
|Term of Employment||One (1) year starting in 2021, after which the position will
be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community by having more digital skills and employability programmes.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
This position works directly with several ASEAN Foundation’s strategic partners including Huawei. The post provides direct programme management support for the implementation
of the ASEAN Seeds for the Future programme. The post is based at the ASEAN Foundation in Jakarta, Indonesia, the post also should be able to travel to other project sites in Southeast Asia or ASEAN Member States.
The ASEAN Foundation is looking for someone who not only has skills in the areas we seek, but also someone with an eagerness to learn new ideas and find ways to put these into
practice. The ideal candidate will be an innovative team-member, have strong personal skills as well as being friendly and diplomatic.
The post reports to the Head of Programme of the ASEAN Foundation and works closely with multi-stakeholders and the partners to execute several initiatives.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
- Executive Director
- Head of Communications
- Head of Operations
- All staffs of the Foundation.
External (outside Post)
- Main contact for ASEAN Foundation’s partners on ASEAN Seeds for the Future Programme with Huawei.
- ASEAN Secretariat and other relevant ASEAN organs
- Permanent Representatives of 10 ASEAN Countries to ASEAN
- Potential higher education institutions, civil society organisations, and not-forprofit organisations
- Other relevant partners related to the digital skills and employability-sponsored initiatives
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the implementation of the work plan by ensuring i) communication and mutual consultations in view of a perfect collaboration among all concerned
stakeholders; and (ii) that activities are executed in due time and deliver outputs products that directly contribute to the attainment of the objectives of the project;
- Monitor budget, project timelines, risk and deliverables
- Report and Communicate with the Head of Programme in the following areas; procurement, developing and executing work plans, disbursement, and reporting in collaboration with relevant partners, ASEAN Secretariat and Huawei.
- Prepare/update Annual Work Plan and its budget based on the approved project activities with consultation with Head of Programme and partners;
- Liaise with internal (e.g. other units) and external stakeholders (e.g. partners supporting ASEAN Seeds for the Future Programme) to ensure effective coordination of the Programme with other ongoing related activities in the relevant countries;
- Coordinate with ASEAN Foundation’s Programme Coordinator regarding monitoring the performance of the project against the results management
framework in the proposal;
- Work closely with the Finance unit to provide relevant financial report and narrative progress report of the project fund
- Coordinate budget re-phasing exercises, if needed;
- Financial and substantive monitoring of the project activities, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions;
- Maintain an updated database of contacts and project files and documents;
- Manage the logistical support for the organisation of events, workshops and meetings in the project;
- Work closely with the Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation to use digital and social media tools to promote and engage participation in the project;
- Write project reports for annual reports, donor reporting;
- Support the development of communications materials, including brochures, press releases and graphics;
- Take minutes at various events;
- Represent ASEAN Foundation with travels to targeted countries for project preparation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation as needed;
- Other responsibilities related to the ASEAN Foundation as needed;
- Attend to assigned tasks provided by the Head of Programme and/or Executive Director, as required
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, Social/International Development,
- At least 7 years of working experience (including internship experience)
- Experience in managing programme related to digital skill is a plus.
- Experience in managing programme in Southeast Asia region
- Experience engaging with a local partners across Southeast Asia.
- Exposure to Information, Communication and Technology (ITC) or computer science (CS) background either through some formal education or through training
- An event management generalist with proven track record in managing or arranging project events.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Excellent communication skills, responding to user needs in a prompt, courteous manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and organize data
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Proficient in writing in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media
- Experience working in a virtual setting with a regional team;
- Knowledge of or experience with global pro bono programmes or another volunteer programmes;
- Knowledge of or experience in a CSR department of a multinational corporation;
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Able to follow through on tasks
- Ability to work within systems and procedures
- Open to learning
- Able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner
HOW TO APPLY
Any interested candidates should send their motivation letter together with CV and references no later than 7 February 2022 to [email protected] with subject PC-StF. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.