Terms Of Reference
|Title||Project Coordinator for ASEAN Social Enterprises
Development Programme (SEDP)
A Partnership programme between ASEAN Foundation and
|Classification||Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3|
|Direct report to||Head of Programme (HoP)|
|Term of employment||This position is a non-ongoing position (periodical contract)
for an initial period of one-year starting from January 2023,
after which the position will be evaluated subject to
organisation’s needs and regular performance review.
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained
inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s
30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s
community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human
resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the
business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and
community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships, internships
and exchanges. We organise meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support
of the ASEAN Community Building
Under the supervision of the Head of Programme, the Project Coordinator will be responsible
for the overall management of all aspects of the ASEAN Social Enterprises Development
Programme (SEDP) under the ASEAN Foundation in partnership with ByteDance.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the project activities. She/he
will coordinate project with the relevant ASEAN bodies and other stakeholders at the regional
level. The Candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working
independently. The ability to work with a wide variety of people from governments, agencies,
non-governmental organisations, and social enterprises and corporate sectors is essential
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
- Executive Director
- Head of Communications
- Head of Operations
- All staff of the Foundation.
External (outside Post)
- Main contacts in ByteDance
- Other partners in the project such as SAP
- ASEAN Secretariat and other relevant ASEAN organs
- Potential Corporate sectors in ASEAN, Social Enterprises (SEs), Venture Capitals,Accelerators and relevant governments institution
Description of Roles and Responsibilities
Development and Implementation of Project activities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of ASEAN SEDP, and will be liaison
- Ensure that they are implemented on time, on budget and meet stakeholders’ needs
and deliver targets as specified in the work plan;
- Manage the realisation of project outputs through activities.
- Manage the call for applications for the ASEAN SEDP; organise the review of
applications received and documents the decision-making process.
- Develop work-plans for implementation of the ASEAN SEDP in close consultation with
ByteDance as the key partner including ASEAN Secretariat, SAP, and other
- Collate/analyse and report on actual and planned monthly expenditure, interpret and
communicate with the Head of Programme, advise of variance against approved
budgets, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by the donor and
the ASEAN Foundation.
- Manage the administration and logistics aspects of the Kick off Projects, Regional
Workshop and Capacity Buildings.
- Represent ASEAN Foundation at meetings, events, as needed
- In coordination with the Head of Communications, support efforts to communicate
about the ASEAN SEDP to external stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities related to the ASEAN SEDP as needed.
Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation and support of the Knowledge building and sharing on the achievement of the project.
- With the guidance of the Head of Programme, write the result-oriented progress
report and interpret financial documents for donor reporting on a timely manner.
- Analyse and use data to report progress (narrative and financial) and identify any
remedial action required to keep activities on track.
- Work closely with the support officer to prepare for financial authorisation for
expenditures to be approved and documentation in prevailing budget system.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in the implementation of the ASEAN
Supporting Tasks for ASEAN Foundation’s Programme Management
- Supports the ASEAN Foundation in mobilisation of resources from different partners
e.g., raise funds for activities within the ASEAN SEDP as well as other initiatives. This
will include preparation of strategies, project briefs and project documents.
- Support an effective partnership with all stakeholders and ensure the long-term
sustainability of ASEAN SEDP as well as initiatives under the ASEAN Foundatio
- Support in collating high-quality data and information for project reporting types
including regular narrative and financial reporting to donors as well as Monitoring and
Evaluation (M&E) reporting of the ASEAN Foundation
- Support initial work that may lead to development of any new initiatives under the
ASEAN Foundation or where the ASEAN Foundation is a partner
- Ensure that ASEAN Foundation rules and regulations concerning finance, procurement
and human resources are adhered to
- Support controlling the ASEAN Foundation’s adherence to terms of contracts with
- Support the Head of Programme in reviewing budget proposals of partners, grantees
and sub-contractors as required
- Support in preparing financial statements/reports to various bilateral, multilateral and
private-sector donors to ensure compliance with contractual and legal requirements;
- In coordination with other Programme Support Officers, ensure project
implementation’s administration and logistical activities are carried out as planned,
efficiently and effectively.
- Attend to assigned tasks provided by the Head of Programme or the Executive Director
Education and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Social Science, International/Development Studies,
Education or related fields.
- A minimum of four (4) years of working experience in social development project
management in any international development organisations or donor organisations
or two (2) years of working experience in the same area for postgraduate degree;
- Proven experiences in Project Management and Grant Management in international
development organisations or international donors.
- An event management generalist with proven track record in managing or arranging
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Excellent communication skills, responding to user needs in a prompt, courteous
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and organize data
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Proficient in writing in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to travel internationally
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Proven experience in strategic and programme planning processes
- Strong writing and organisational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills;
- Skills in employing media and publication development tools.
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and
is able to work with partners and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders
as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, reliable, able to follow through
on tasks, able to work within systems and procedures, open to learning, able to work
effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at
times sharing workloads;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high
security contexts; and
- Well-planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a
capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem�solving skills.
A lump sum monthly salary will be provided commensurate with the qualification and
All interested applicants to send application, stating the post on the subject line, with the
following documents to [email protected] – a) application letter, b)
curriculum vitae and salary history and expected salary
“Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for an Interview”