Terms of Reference
(ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme)
|Classification||Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3|
|Report to||Head of Programme|
|Term of Employment||
One (1) year starting in 2021, after which the position will
be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
We continue to complement ASEAN priorities. To date, we work to strengthen the ASEAN Community.
We work in four thematic areas of education, arts and culture, media development and community building. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
Under the supervision of the Head of Programme, the Project Manager manage directly the programme management of the ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme supported by the Google.org. The post is based at the ASEAN Foundation in Jakarta, Indonesia, but with occasional travels to other ASEAN countries.
The ASEAN Foundation is looking for someone who not only has skills in the areas we seek, but also someone with an eagerness to learn new ideas and find ways to put these into practice. The ideal candidate will be an innovative team-member, have strong personal skills as well as being friendly and diplomatic.
The post is required to demonstrate experience in inclusive multi-stakeholder management, programme design and management, and monitoring and evaluation. Experience in corporate volunteerism and/or pro bono is a plus. The post reports to the Head of Programme of the ASEAN Foundation and works closely with multi-stakeholders across ASEAN to execute on the success of the programme.
The post plays a crucial role in delivering high quality results and to deliver high- performing and effective programme and project implementation. Specific responsibilities in this programme include: Research management such as ensure data quality, coordinate with ASEAN bodies and other partners for data collection and relate with the programme, manage the local organisation partners across 10 ASEAN Member States (AMS), manage the Youth Advisory Group to combat the disinformation and misinformation in ASEAN.
Also, this post will assist the general programme management tasks, among others, research for project development, develop project monitoring and evaluation tools, assess project financial and cash flow requirements, develop project financial planning and produce project reporting.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
- Executive Director
- Head of Communications
- Head of Operations
- All staff of the
External (outside Post)
- Main contacts for org
- ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs/Sectoral Bodies
- Partners related to the ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor the implementation of the work plan by ensuring i) communication and mutual consultations in view of a perfect collaboration among all concerned stakeholders; and (ii) that activities are executed in due time and deliver outputs products that directly contribute to the attainment of the objectives of the project;
- Monitor budget, project timelines, risk and deliverables
- Report and Communicate with the Head of Programme in the following areas; procurement, developing and executing work plans, disbursement, and reporting in collaboration with relevant partners, ASEAN Secretariat and org
- Prepare/update Annual Work Plan and its budget based on the approved project activities with consultation with Head of Programme and partners;
- Liaise with internal (e.g. other units) and external stakeholders (e.g. partners supporting ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme) to ensure effective coordination of the ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme with other ongoing related activities in the relevant countries;
- Coordinate with ASEAN Foundation’s team regarding monitoring the performance of the project against the results management framework in the proposal;
- Work closely with the Finance unit to provide relevant financial report and narrative progress report of the project fund
- Coordinate budget re-phasing exercises, if needed;
- Financial and substantive monitoring of the project activities, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions;
- Maintain an updated database of contacts and project files and documents;
- Manage the logistical support for the organisation of events, workshops and meetings in the project;
- Work closely with the Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation to use digital and social media tools to promote and engage participation in the project;
- Write project reports for annual reports, donor reporting;
- Support the development of communications materials, including brochures, press releases and graphics;
- Take minutes at various events;
- In consultation with Head of Programme and/or Executive Director, represent ASEAN Foundation with travels to targeted countries for project preparation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation as needed;
- Other responsibilities related to the ASEAN Foundation as needed;
- Attend to assigned tasks provided by the Head of Programme and/or Executive Director, as required
Education and Experience
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in social development or relevant fields including Education and Social Sciences;
- A minimum of six (7) years of working experience in social development project management in any international development organisations or donor organisations or four (4) years of working experience in the same area for postgraduate degree;
- Proven experiences in Research and Grant Management in international development organisations or international
- Possess Information, Communication and Technology (ITC) background either by formal education or by training and courses;
- An event management generalist with proven track record in managing or arranging project
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Proven experience in strategic and programme planning processes;
- Strong writing and organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures;
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills;
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously;
- Emerging market work experience, ability to demonstrate commitment to creating opportunities for improved lives and livelihoods;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media;
- Skills in employing media and publication development
- Experience working in a virtual setting with a regional team;
- Knowledge of or experience with global pro bono programmes or other volunteer programmes;
- Knowledge of or experience in a CSR department of a multinational corporation;
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and can work with partners and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner;
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills;
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, reliable, able to follow through on tasks, able to work within systems and procedures, open to learning, able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner;
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts; and
- Well-planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving
Any interested candidates should send their motivation letter together with CV and references no later than 30 November 2021 to [email protected] with subject PM-ADLP.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.