TERMS OF REFERENCE
ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme (ASEAN-DLP) Summit
13 – 17 November 2023
Direct Report to
Project Manager of ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme
(The position must work closely with the Programme Support Officer for ADLP)
Duration of Employment
This position is a consultancy based for around five (5) months, from the 28 August until 27 December 2023
The ASEAN Foundation, with the support of Google.org, implements ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme from 2022 to 2024. This programme aims to promote greater media literacy in the ASEAN region in order to fight against online disinformation and misinformation in a way to increase the awareness of the online safety to our beneficiaries in the region such as youth, teachers, parents, elderlies, community leaders and government officials in collaboration with local working partners.
The ASEAN DLP has been working to deliver five key activities which include capacity building (Training for Trainers or ToT and end-beneficiaries training), ASEAN Youth Advisory Group, awareness raising campaign, research development on digital literacy in the regional scope, and develop the e-learning platform. Nearing the completion of the Programme, all of the key activities have collected massive success stories, best practices and improved expertise which becomes a wealth of knowledge and lesson learned in implementing digital literacy programme worthy to be shared and exchanged with each other, and also with wider public.
The Summit will bring together local implementing partners (CSOs), Master Trainers with best achievement from each local partner, members of Youth Advisory Group, and Mentors for the Youth Advisory Group to meet and engage each other and with Google.org, the representatives of ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN entities and also the Board of Trustees for the ASEAN Foundation.
The Summit will celebrate achievements and impact in assembly sessions, deep dive into discussions and knowledge exchange in focus group discussions, enable individual as well as group networking and become a melting pot to strengthen the participants as One ASEAN Community.
The Project Support Consultant will work for ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme (ASEAN DLP), specifically for the implementation of ASEAN DLP Summit, which will be held from 13 to 17 November 2023. The Project Support Consultant will liaise with the Project Manager, Programme Support Officer and other staff at the ASEAN Foundation to coordinate relevant operational and administrative task. The consultant is required to work in fast pace, adaptable, creative, and multi-skilled manner.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationship with the following layer:
Internal (within post) – First Layer:
- Head of Programme of ASEAN Foundation
- Project Manager of ASEAN DLP
- Project Associate of ASEAN DLP
- Communications Officer of ASEAN DLP
- Programme Support Officer for ASEAN DLP
- Other ASEAN Foundation’s staff
External (outside post) – Second Layer:
- Implementing Partner and beneficiaries (i.e., CSO, ASEAN Youth Advisory Group, Master Trainers, Mentors, etc.)
- ASEAN Secretariat and Entities
- Other stakeholders related to the project
- Vendors and Consultants related to the project and event
SCOPE OF WORK
Project Administrative Management
- Assist in the preparation of all necessary documentation related to the ASEAN DLP Summit, according to the Foundation’s standard operations.
- Maintain pertinent administrative documents accordingly, related to project activities, including travel, consultant services and direct distribution of allowance to working partners, etc. to fully comply with Operational SOP.
- Support administrative and logistical tasks of Programme Support Officer and other staff as and when required to prepare the Programme Summit.
- Perform follow-up actions to ensure compliance on project matters of ASEAN DLP team.
- Support the budget holder in monitoring expenditure of funds and activities, particularly for ASEAN DLP Summit
- Assist budget holder (re: Project Manager of ASEAN DLP) in the administration of financial tasks relating to Programme Summit implementation. This includes preparation of money transfer and cash requests.
- Work with Programme Support Officer, Administrative & Executive Support Officer, and Operations unit to compile, maintain, and record vendors/suppliers documentation for ASEAN DLP Summit.
- Organise and arrange travel for all attendees, including and not limited to initiating direct coordination with participants and the travel agent for ASEAN DLP Summit.
- Support Programme Support Officer for the procurement of equipment, goods and services, providing all documents in time and in compliance with ASEAN Foundation’s procurement procedures, including the bid/tender issuance & analysis up to PO/SSA issuance.
- Work as a unit with other staff to assist other purchase item/services for the summit implementation.
- Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by, and mutually agreed with, the supervisor.
The consultancy will take place throughout the preparation, implementation, and post-implementation of ASEAN DLP Summit, which will take place from 28 August to 27 December 2023. The estimated timeframe does not reflect the actual number of working days, but the recommended time to complete tasks and deliverables. Below is the detailed timeframe:
August to October
Support the administrative and logistical tasks for ASEAN DLP Summit, including but not limited to the travel arrangement, procurement, and other relevant task.
Support ASEAN DLP team to prepare and implement the Programme Summit.
Assist Programme Support Officer to proceed payment and maintain all compliance documents.
- Education and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Management, Public Administration, International/Development Studies or related fields.
- A minimum of two (2) years of working experience (including internship) in administrative and finance positions within the international development area.
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills including in dealing both directly and indirectly with government officials at various levels.
- Flexible in working in multi-stakeholder setting and experience in working in cross-cultural working environments.
- Knowledge on project management methodologies.
- Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Good English and Indonesian oral and written communication skills.
- Good command of Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess initiative, reliability, and honesty.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Experience in working as part of a project team.
- Able to work in the office (at least 4 working days per week) throughout the period of employment.
- Personal Qualities
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills;
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, reliable, able to follow through on tasks, able to work within systems and procedures, open to learning, able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress.
- Well-planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
A lump sum monthly consultancy fee will be provided commensurate with the qualification and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an application which consists of:
- Consultant CV
- Motivation Letter
- Quotation fee (in Indonesia Rupiah) that includes all expected costs for the consultancy period
Please submit the application documents by 18 August 2023 (23.59 Jakarta time) with email subject “Project Support Consultant for ASEAN DLP Summit” to [email protected] and cc to [email protected] and [email protected].
Any enquiries can be addressed to the above email address.