TERMS OF REFERENCE
TEMPORARY – FINANCE AND ADMIN ASSISTANT
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that there remained
inadequate shared of prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this
concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN's 30th Anniversary
Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN's community
building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development,
people-to-people interaction and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society,
academia and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
To this day, we continue to complement ASEAN priorities and continuously work hard to strengthen
the ASEAN Community. Covering four thematic areas (i.e., Education, Arts and Culture, Media
Development, and Community Building), we provide support in the form of training, workshops,
scholarship grants, regional forums and meetings, interaction activities and exchanges, seminar and
conferences, publicity and promotions – executed through a collective work between units.
To ensure the day-to-day operations of the Operations Unit run smoothly, a temporary Finance and
Admin Assistant will be hired to provide support for various tasks undertaken by the ASEAN
Foundation's Operations unit. These tasks encompass office administration, logistics, filing, and
finance duties, including monthly expense filing and accounting. The hired Finance and Admin
Assistant will report to the Head of Operations and work closely under the guidance of the Executive
Support and Administrative Officer, Senior Finance and Accounting Officer, and Senior Human
Resources (HR) and Alumni Officer.
SCOPE OF WORK
The temporary Finance and Admin Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the procurement and administration:
• Aid in the bidding process for purchases related to general/operational purposes.
• Assist in preparing monthly payment requests for credit card billing.
• Assist in verifying reimbursement support for staff.
• Assist in preparing the settlement of petty cash and scanning supporting documents.
• Update vendor master data.
• Compile and properly save Purchase Orders (PO), SSAs, and vendor contracts in OneDrive.
- Assist in financial management:
• Ensure that all invoices, receipts, quotations, and other supporting documents for the
payment process adhere to Finance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and are correct and
• Compile all supporting documents and prepare A/P Invoices in Excel format, and create bank
transfers for each approved payment.
• Digitize finance vouchers and store them appropriately in OneDrive.
- Assist in human resources and alumni engagement by preparing cash advances, settling cash
advances, and processing payment requests related to human resources and ASEAN Foundation
events. Submit these requests to the Finance and Accounting unit.
- Complete additional tasks and activities as requested.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The Temporary Finance and Admin Assistant is expected to support the smooth operation of the
organisation's day-to-day payments and administration.
The service is expected to last for 6 (six) months, from 29 September 2023, to 17 March 2024, with a
minimum requirement of 21 working days on-site per month and 8 hours per day.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
o University degree in a relevant specialization (finance, business, accounting).
o At least 1 year of professional experience in a comparable position.
o Experience as a financial/administrative professional.
o Proficiency in the standard Microsoft Office package is a must.
o Familiarity with accounting software (SAP, QuickBooks, etc.) is an additional advantage.
o Proficiency in written English.
o Strong interpersonal skills.
o Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a team.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
o Applications must be submitted by Friday, 29 September 2023
o Applications can be submitted electronically to The Procurement Committee at ASEAN
Foundation via [email protected]
o Please include your expected salary, and format the subject of your email as follows: Your
Name – Temp Finance and Admin Assistant