TERM OF REFERENCE
Event Rapporteur for
the Regional Capacity Building and Orientation Workshop
eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme: COHORT 2
Bangkok, 17 – 23 February 2020
The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Foundation that aims to alleviate poverty and improve the social and economic well-being of ASEAN communities through youth volunteerism and social innovation. The EYAA Programme is supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ASEAN Sociocultural Community Blueprints 2025, and the ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2016-2020.
The programme is initiated with the realisation that the future of ASEAN is in the hands of youths, and that their energy and creativity can be channelled into challenging and meaningful activities to strengthen community bonds, encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, and generate innovative solutions to socio-economic challenges. The programme will give birth to promising community initiatives that can be incubated towards becoming social enterprises, which will have a lasting impact on the community.
The programme aims to make a sustained and positive impact on ASEAN youth empowerment and ASEAN community-building efforts. The programme would promote volunteerism, social innovation, and awareness of ASEAN, create an alternative career path for youth and raise awareness among ASEAN youth on social issues.
The programme has selected not only a total of 10 qualified youths between the ages of 19 to 35 years old from each ASEAN Member States—but also a total of 20 registered Civil Society Organisation (CSOs) and Social Enterprises (SEs) from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines who will pitch their programme and social issues to the selected youth and attract them to work for their social impact projects. After the pitching—a total of 10 CSO/SE will be selected to undertake a two-week community project with youth under the programme themes of Community empowerment, arts and culture, environmental diversity, and education.
In Mid-February 2020, the programme would bring 100 youths in a one-week intensive capacity building and orientation workshop to develop their knowledge and skills and plan for their community project. Therefore, it is pertinent to compile and document all sharing, communication and discussions throughout the workshop. For this reason, we find it necessary to require the assistance of event rapporteur.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation, the consultant will produce a detailed and comprehensive report that contains all sharing, communication and discussions of the seven-day workshop. To do this, the consultant will compile the report from each break-out session prepared by the facilitators. The consultant also will make a summary of proceedings and main outcomes of the forum.
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station of event rapporteur is at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of assignments is 7 days, starting from 17 – 23 February 2020. The event rapporteur is obligated to attend at least 1 hour before the workshop started and stand by until the session of the day ends. Below is the timeline of the assignments:
- 17 – 23 February 2020: Attend and work at the workshop to produce detailed discussions result in all sessions except for the break-out session.
- 24 February – 16 March 2020: Collate the detailed records to develop a comprehensive report as outlined in the section of “Expected Outputs”. This period includes back-and-forth communication between the rapporteur and the ASEAN Foundation for revision.
- 17 March 2020: Submit the final version of the report.
A well‐written comprehensive report of the forum in an electronic format (Microsoft Word document), covering the following content:
- The forum proceedings, including key discussion and conclusion in every session,
- The recommendations made in the concluding session,
- Any other important notes,
- Annexes, including (1) concept note, (2) agenda, (3) participant list, including their contact number and email address, (3) presentations, and (4) reference documents (if any are presented in the meeting and training).
The first draft of the report is due to be submitted by 11 March 2020, with the final version to be concluded by 17 March 2020.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate students with experience in report writing, documenting international conferences and meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of development-related processes and terminologies particularly related to ASEAN affairs and rural development
- Experienced in the documentation and report production for high‐level and/or technical meetings
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Ability to work in tight deadline
- Priority will be given to applicants who are residing in Bangkok. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Bangkok, Thailand
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and put email@example.com in Cc. Please be advised to use the email subject of EYAA2020_ER. Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Thursday, 9 January 2020.