TERM OF REFERENCE
First introduced in 2017, the ASEAN Data Science Explorers (ASEAN DSE), organised by the ASEAN Foundation and SAP, is designed to promote awareness and enhance the appreciation of an ASEAN Community amongst today’s youths through digital literacy intervention in the form of data analytics competition. The competition aims to accelerate the learning curve of students through a national and regional competition using the SAP Analytics Cloud.
ASEAN DSE National Finals across the 10 ASEAN countries were virtually organised at the end of August and early September 2020. The winner of each National Final will move to the next stage of the competition – the Regional Finals, which will virtually be conducted on 18 November 2020.
In order to support the implementation of the virtual ASEAN DSE Regional Finals in particular and support Communications strategy of ASEAN DSE in general, the ASEAN Foundation is looking for a professional and experienced organisation or individual (Consultant) who can produce a 3-minute video outlining a compilation of the virtual ASEAN DSE 2020's National Finals. The source of the video is solely taken from a compilation of photos and recorded videos of the virtual ASEAN DSE 2020's National Finals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager for the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives, the Consultant will be hired to mainly produce a high-quality, engaging 3-minute video of the ASEAN DSE 2020's National Finals. The schema of the assignment is home-based assignment. The video must include the following requirements:
- Photos and recorded videos of the virtual ASEAN DSE 2020's National Finals captured in the video
- The 10 virtual ASEAN DSE 2020's National Finals for the 10 ASEAN countries captured in the video
- Team presentation, judges briefing, judges deliberation, participants briefing, and participants interview sessions captured in the video
The duration of the consultancy is from 12 October 2020 to 6 November 2020. The estimated timeframe does not reflect the actual number of days worked but the recommended time needed to complete the above tasks and responsibilities. Moreover, it is noted that due to the nature of the assignment, there will be time when no actual video editing will occur because the Consultant will be waiting for either clearance from the ASEAN Foundation and SAP.
The following presents timeline of the outputs:
- 1st version of the video: 19 October 2020
- Two revised videos: 25 – 30 October 2020 (feedback from the ASEAN Foundation and SAP to be given at least three days after the videos are submitted)
- Final version of the video (high-resolution) and the raw files of the video (Premiere Pro or After Effects, if possible): 4 November 2020
The hired consultant is required to complete the following outputs:
- 1st version of the 3-minute video
- Two revised videos
- Final version of the 3-minute video
- Raw files of the video (Premiere Pro or After Effects, if possible)
All information pertaining to this project belong to the ASEAN Foundation, which the Consultant may come into contact with in his/her performance. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation and SAP who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable. However, the credit title of video belongs to the creator.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirement is three years of demonstrated experience in video editing
- Advanced experience in illustration and graphic videos editing
- Eye for design and attention to details are essential
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to work in tight deadline
All interested applicants are required to submit their application entries specifically outlining their experiences in producing professional videos AND proposed budget with EMAIL SUBJECT “ASEAN DSE VIDEO PRODUCER” to firstname.lastname@example.org with CC to email@example.com by 2 October 2020. Any inquiries pertaining to this opportunity can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.