TERM OF REFERENCE
Master of Ceremony for
the Regional Capacity Building and Orientation Workshop
eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme: COHORT 2
Bangkok, 17 – 23 February 2020
The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Foundation that aims to alleviate poverty and improve the social and economic well-being of ASEAN communities through youth volunteerism and social innovation. The EYAA Programme is supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ASEAN Sociocultural Community Blueprints 2025, and the ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2016-2020.
The programme is initiated with the realisation that the future of ASEAN is in the hands of youths, and that their energy and creativity can be channelled into challenging and meaningful activities to strengthen community bonds, encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, and generate innovative solutions to socio-economic challenges. The programme will give birth to promising community initiatives that can be incubated towards becoming social enterprises, which will have a lasting impact on the community.
The programme aims to make a sustained and positive impact on ASEAN youth empowerment and ASEAN community-building efforts. The programme would promote volunteerism, social innovation, and awareness of ASEAN, create an alternative career path for youth and raise awareness among ASEAN youth on social issues.
The programme has selected not only a total of 10 qualified youths between the ages of 19 to 35 years old from each ASEAN Member States—but also a total of 20 registered Civil Society Organisation (CSOs) and Social Enterprises (SEs) from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines who will pitch their programme and social issues to the selected youth and attract them to work for their social impact projects. After the pitching—a total of 10 CSO/SE will be selected to undertake a two-week community project with youth under the programme themes of Community empowerment, arts and culture, environmental diversity, and education.
In Mid-February 2020, the programme would bring 100 youths in a one-week intensive capacity building and orientation workshop to develop their knowledge and skills and plan for their community project.
The workshop serves as an important milestone where participants will ensure that every aspect of their projects are ready prior to their 2-week project implementation in the respective country. The Master of Ceremony (Emcee) will play important as an anchor of information that provides all workshop-related information to the participants, ensuring that the workshop runs without glitches.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
During the 7-day workshop, the emcee will be responsible for:
- Introducing speakers, resource persons and other workshop-related individuals in an honorable fashion
- Announcing upcoming sessions and providing brief information about those sessions
- Ensuring seamless transition between sections of the programme, including reminding all parties about the time limit
- Overall, helping to ensure that every session is started and ended in a timely manner
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station of emcee is at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of assignments is 7 days, starting from 17 – 23 February 2020. The emcee is obligated to attend at least 1 hour before the workshop started and stand by until the session of the day ends. Below is the timeline of the assignments:
- 17 February 2020: 07.00 – 22.00
- 18 February 2020: 08.00 – 18.00
- 19 February 2020: 08.00 – 18.00
- 20 February 2020: 08.00 – 18.00
- 21 February 2020: 08.00 – 18.00
- 22 February 2020: 08.00 – 18.00
- 23 February 2020: 08.00 – 23.00
- Punctual attendance during the 7-day workshop
- The correct pronunciation of the names of the speakers, names of resource persons, names of organisations and name of sessions
- Communication approach that is suitable for both adult and youth audiences, formal and informal proceedings
- Perfect comprehension of the agenda, ensuring that all transitions of sessions are done smoothly and sessions are started and ended in a timely manner
- Demonstration of interactive, enthusiastic and respectful approach in leading the event
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong stage presence
- Punctual time management
- Impeccable professional communication skill
- Composed nature
- Experienced in guiding a formal and informal ceremony
- Excellent spoken English skills
- Ability to work in tight deadline
- Priority will be given to applicants who are residing in Bangkok. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Bangkok, Thailand
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address email@example.com and put firstname.lastname@example.org in Cc. Please be advised to use the email subject of EYAA2020_MC. Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Thursday, 9 January 2020