TERM OF REFERENCE
Photographer and Videographer for
the Regional Capacity Building and Orientation Workshop
eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme: Cohort 2
Bangkok, 17 – 23 February 2020
The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Foundation that aims to alleviate poverty and improve the social and economic well-being of ASEAN communities through youth volunteerism and social innovation. The EYAA Programme is supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ASEAN Sociocultural Community Blueprints 2025, and the ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2016-2020.
The programme is initiated with the realisation that the future of ASEAN is in the hands of youths, and that their energy and creativity can be channelled into challenging and meaningful activities to strengthen community bonds, encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, and generate innovative solutions to socio-economic challenges. The programme will give birth to promising community initiatives that can be incubated towards becoming social enterprises, which will have a lasting impact on the community.
The programme aims to make a sustained and positive impact on ASEAN youth empowerment and ASEAN community-building efforts. The programme would promote volunteerism, social innovation, and awareness of ASEAN, create an alternative career path for youth and raise awareness among ASEAN youth on social issues.
The programme has selected not only a total of 10 qualified youths between the ages of 19 to 35 years old from each ASEAN Member States—but also a total of 20 registered Civil Society Organisation (CSOs) and Social Enterprises (SEs) from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines who will pitch their programme and social issues to the selected youth and attract them to work for their social impact projects. After the pitching—a total of 10 CSOs/SEs will be selected to undertake a two-week community project with youth under the programme themes of Community empowerment, arts and culture, environmental diversity, and education.
In Mid-February 2020, the programme would bring 100 youths in a one-week intensive capacity building and orientation workshop to develop their knowledge and skills and plan for their community project.
The workshop is an excellent source of materials for future outreach and communication activities. For this reason, we seek the assistance of qualified documentation team to capture high-quality videos and photos as well as to provide the manpower and equipment for the regional workshop’s Facebook Live.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Manager of the ASEAN Foundation, the photographer and videographer are required to capture and produce high-quality photos and videos as well as to provide the organiser with manpower and equipment to carry out Facebook Live.
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The duty station is at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. Therefore, we will prioritise applicants who are based in Bangkok. The duration of the assignment is 7 days, starting from 17 February to 23 February 2020. The photographer and videographer are required to meet with the organiser on 16 February for a briefing. The final deliverables are expected to be shared with the organiser on the following dates: 23 February and 10 March 2020.
1. Video documentation of the workshop, consisting of:
- 6 edited testimony videos from youth and selected CSOs/SEs testimonies with 1-minute duration per video
- A 1-minute edited video that captures the highlights of the workshop, to be played on 23 February 2020 or the last day of the workshop
- A 2–minute edited video that captures the highlights of the event and features testimonies from youth and CSOs/SEs. This video is expected to be delivered by 10 March 2020
- All raw video footages taken during the seven-day workshop, delivered by 23 February 2020
2. Photo documentation of the event, consisting of:
- At least 100 hi-res, edited photos of the workshop. The edited photographs are expected to be delivered by 10 March 2020
- All raw photos taken during the seven-day workshop, delivered by 23 February 2020
3. Facebook Live
- 1 Facebook Live operator
- Facebook Live equipment, such as laptop, mixer, cameras, shotgun mics and other relevant tools
- 1 fast internet modem
- ASEAN Foundation is entitled to up to 3 revisions for all output, excluding Facebook Live
All information pertaining to this project (photo and video documentation) belong to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the Maybank and ASEAN Foundation who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Skilled in photography, videography and editing
- Experienced in taking photo and video for international forums and conferences
- Ownership or possession of a high-resolution state of the art digital camera and video camera and equipment is a MUST
- Experience in Facebook Live
- Have an excellent command in English verbal and writing
- Priority will be given to applicants who are residing in Bangkok. ASEAN Foundation will not cover any travel and accommodation cost for applicants who are residing outside Bangkok, Thailand
- Ability to work in tight deadline
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and put email@example.com in Cc. Please be advised to use the email subject of EYAA2020_CPV. Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION
Thursday, 9 January 2020