Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997.
ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. The Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. For more info about the ASEAN Foundation, visit: www.aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation seeks an intern to support the operations function of the organisation, led by the Head of Finance & Administration.
The Operations Intern provides support to various tasks undertaken by the Finance and Administration unit of the ASEAN Foundation. These include a number of office administrative, logistics, filing and finance tasks, including, the monthly filling of expenses and accounting.
TASKS OF THE INTERN
1. Assist in financial management
- Prepare financial documents for payment processing through the ASEAN Foundation’s Finance System
- Follow up of expenses and filing
- Support as well as follow up on project agreements with partners
2. Assist in human resource administration
- Archive documents related to staff attendance
- Support the team on the recruitment process, register all the applicants and review the documents
- Follow up on vacancies announcements
3. Assist in the procurement process
- Request for Quotations
- Archive purchase orders, contracts and other procurement related files
- Collect, search and compile potential suppliers list
4. Assist in administrative arrangement
- Provide logistic support for events, mission and conference
- Assist in travel arrangement
- Assist in managing the organisation’s filing system
- Assist in creating requested PowerPoint Presentation(PPT) materials
- Assist to answer phone and guide calls to the relevant staff
- Ensure external people are welcomed in the office
5. Undertake other tasks and activities as requested
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The intern is expected to support the smooth running of the organisation’s finance, administrative, human resources and property.
The internship provides an opportunity for the intern to gain experience working in an ASEAN body and provide the intern with the opportunity to learn about ASEAN affairs – the work of the ASEAN Foundation to support the ASEAN community-building process. The intern can gain knowledge about the work environment and work ethics as well as skills in planning, management, coordination and administration skills.
Throughout 2020 for a period of 8 – 24 weeks.
The internship is voluntary and unpaid.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate study in an accounting or business administration field
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Very good computer skills including knowledge and experience in all Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of social networking tools, etc., is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application form, motivational letter, recent CV, and the university’s letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please use “Operations Intern – Your Name” as the subject. The form can be found here.