TERMS OF REFERENCE
Youth play a crucial role in today's economy, with more innovation and ideas originating from teenagers and young adults. According to the Guardian report (2019), more than 80% of the start-ups in 2019 were dominated by youth-led groups, which is a testament to their resilience. Furthermore, there is mounting evidence pointing out that youth-led entrepreneurship/venture has a more robust rate of success in terms of time, social impacts, and financial results (Kim et al., 2020; Viguria, 2015). Not to mention, since the majority of the ASEAN member states have a sizable population of youth under 35, instilling the core values of social entrepreneurship would be a good step towards economic education in this increasingly globalised world. The effectiveness of the social enterprise model is evident. Since last year, social enterprises have been at the forefront of addressing COVID-19, from creating biometric identification systems and scaling community-based screening to delivering microfinance loans to the extremely poor and vulnerable (Bonnici & Raja 2020). This power to address COVID-19 is also present in the ASEAN region. Many young social entrepreneurs are redesigning their operations, skills, and creativity to help the local community mitigate the pandemic's social and economic impacts (SDSN Youth 2020; UNDP 2020).
Considering the imperatives and potential ability of social enterprises in leading the recovery process post-COVID, the ASEAN Foundation is committed to acknowledging the contribution of social enterprise in leading the recovery process and solving the socio-economical problem in the region. Thus, to support social enterprises in the region, the ASEAN Foundation, with the support from GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and SAP, proudly delivers ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme (ASEAN SEDP). The programme aims to provide social enterprises with more significant opportunities to improve their ventures through structured capacity building, mentorship, financing, and access to marketplaces. This year, ASEAN-SEDP is focusing on the theme of "Social Innovations for the Sustainable ASEAN Community". The programme is targeting a total of 20 selected social enterprises from 10 ASEAN Member States (AMS) with innovative projects that focus on six SDGs: (1) No Poverty, (2) Good Health and Well-Being, (3) Quality Education, (4) Gender Equality, (5) Responsible Consumption and Production, and (6) Climate Action.
As the programme is currently implemented, the ASEAN Foundation is planning to develop series of a promotional videos for the programme. The series of promotional videos will function to explain and communicate significant elements of the programme to a broader audience, such as (1) Three Seed Grants Recipients of ASEAN SEDP, (2) Testimony videos from coaches, mentors and participants highlighting the coaching and mentoring components of the programme, (3) 3 Inspiring videos from the Social Enterprises under ASEAN SEDP, (4) and one final video highlighting the overall achievements and implementation of the programme. For this purpose, we are seeking for capable video editing consultant to help develop the special announcement video on the new programme, a short teaser video on the digital comic and three additional testimony videos for the roundtable discussion.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator of ASEAN SEDP and the guidance of the Head of Communications of ASEAN Foundation, the consultant will carry out their assignments for creating a short video for the launching event of ASEAN-SEDP. At the same time, the consultant is also expected to coordinate the work of local videographers.
- Development of a storyboard ideas for the series of videos to promote ASEAN SEDP
- Arrange a meeting with the ASEAN Foundation on the storyboard and the collection process of raw recordings.
- Provision of guidance for local videographers. Including managing the coordination with local videographers
- 1 animated video for the announcement of seed grants recipients (Duration: 2 Minutes)
- 1 success story video highlighting the impact of the programme
- 3 inspiring story videos from three social enterprises of SEDP (The raw recordings of the social enterprise's work will be provided by ASEAN Foundation. Duration: 1 – 2.30 minutes)
- Necessary digital assets that follow the branding guideline of ASEAN Foundation and its partner
- At least three revisions entitlement for each video
The duration of the consultancy is from 15 October - 30 November 2021.
|Delivery of mood board and script outline||18 October 2021|
|Technical Preparation with AF & Local Videographers||18 – 22 October 2021|
|Delivery of the still motion||27 October 2021 – 20 November 2021|
|Delivery of the final video||27 October 2021 – 20 November 2021|
|Publishing||27 October 2021 – 20 November 2021|
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information about this project belonging to the ASEAN Foundation and its partner, which the consultant may come into contact with, in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation, who shall have the exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has extensive experience in storyboard development, video production and video editing
- Has good experience in developing creative video creation for engagement
- Ownership of video editing software is a must
- The technical knowledge that includes a creative process in script, storyboard, production editing to final artwork
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last-minute changes and requests from client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the final video
HOW TO APPLY
Please send CV, Portfolio and Price Proposal application by 11 October 2021 to [email protected], with CC to [email protected] , with the subject: VIDEO EDITING CONSULTANT FOR ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme.