TERMS OF REFERENCE
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) have transformed many aspects of our lives and offered unprecedented opportunities and challenges. With the booming digital economy—various industries are in urgent need of ICT talent. According to a World Bank report, the ICT talent gap will reach 2 million in the next five years. Closing such a large gap is not easy, and it cannot be done by a single company or a handful of companies on their own.
In ASEAN – over the last decade, ministers, policymakers, regulators and industry have come together to develop the ICT landscape with ASEAN by developing the ASEAN ICT Master Plan to harness the potential of ICT in establishing the ASEAN Economic Community.
Above all, with the coronavirus changing the world, especially the model of education is highly affected, the ASEAN Foundation, in partnership with Huawei, would like to organise the Asia Pacific Innovation Day – Digital Talent Summit to discuss and address the needs of ICT talent affected by the epidemic across ASEAN. The summit brings together the Huawei experts, ASEAN governments and policymakers, think tank organisations and academia across the Region.
This event also will be utilised to announce the launching of the new partnership between Huawei and ASEAN Foundation to implement the regional programme on Seeds for the Future Programme in ASEAN region, this programme seeks to develop ICT talent among the ASEAN youth, enhance the knowledge transfer, encourage a greater understanding of the ICT sector, and promote regional building and participation in the digital community.
To make the announcement of the new programme more impactful during the summit, the ASEAN Foundation and Huawei is planning to develop short animated videos explaining about the goal and interventions of the programme.
For this purpose, we are seeking for capable video editing consultant to help develop the special announcement video on the new programme.
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of Head of Communications of the ASEAN Foundation, the Consultant will carry out their assignments by developing high-quality special announcement video on the new programme. In carrying out its assignments, the Consultant must follow the branding guidelines of ASEAN Foundation and its partner.
- Development of a storyboard for the special announcement video: Seeds for the Future Programme in ASEAN region
- 1 special announcement video: Seeds for the Future Programme in ASEAN region (duration: 2.5 minute)
- Necessary digital assets that follow the branding guideline of ASEAN Foundation and its partner
- At least 3 revisions entitlement
The duration of the consultancy is from 18 October to 3 November 2021.
- Delivery of mood board and script outline on 21 October 2021
- Delivery of the still motion on 26 October 2021
- Delivery of the final video on 28 October 2021
- Publishing on 3 November 2021
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this project belonging to the ASEAN Foundation and its partner, which the consultant may come into contact with, in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation who shall have the exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has extensive experience in storyboard development, video production and video editing
- Has good experience in developing creative video creation for engagement
- Ownership of video editing software is a must
- Technical knowledge that includes creative process in script, storyboard, production editing to final artwork
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last minute changes and requests from client
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality of the final video
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application consisting of CV, Portfolio and Price Proposal to [email protected], with CC to [email protected] and [email protected], with the subject: VIDEO EDITING CONSULTANT – Seeds for the Future Programme.
14 October 2021