TERMS OF REFERENCE
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, viral online misinformation and disinformation are spreading unchecked, to the point that the World Economic Forum identified it as one of the biggest threats to society. ASEAN is also not immune to this threat. Young people are among the most vulnerable groups prone to radicalisation, hate speech, false news and intolerance.
ASEAN is taking a concrete step to prevent misinformation and disinformation. In 2018, the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information adopted the Framework and Joint Statement to Minimise the Harmful Effects of Fake News. ASEAN has also launched its ASEAN Digital Literacy, which aims to promote greater cybersecurity as part of the fight against online disinformation. In addition, 2021 saw ASEAN develop a guideline of Training of Trainers programme that targets secondary school teachers, university tutors and lecturers to improve the digital information literacy of young people.
To contribute to the effort, the ASEAN Foundation, with the support of Google.org, implements ASEAN Digital Literacy Programme (ASEAN DLP) from 2022 to 2024. The regional programme aims to combat misinformation and disinformation by providing digital literacy training for youth, teachers, parents, community leaders and government officials in collaboration with local implementing partners. The programme will include a strong awareness campaign element to ensure that the importance of media and information literacy is better understood by a wider audience and inspire people to become the agent of changes that can help detect and prevent hoaxes and misleading from spreading. As part of the program activities will also be delivering deep-dive research on digital literacy and an e-learning platform, which will be a one-stop hub for people to participate in immersive digital literacy courses and learn more about the programme’s impacts through success stories from our beneficiaries.
After a year of implementation, ASEAN DLP has equipped more than 160,000 people across the region with digital literacy knowledge, achieved through a series of capacity building trainings led by more than 1,400 Master Trainers in ten ASEAN countries. In parallel, another key component of the programme, which is the ASEAN Youth Advisory Groups, has successfully managed to build greater awareness about the importance of digital literacy through trainings and campaigns targeting grassroot communities. The campaign in 10 ASEAN member states reached more than 3,600 people including students, elderly and Deaf people and 950,000 impressions through their online campaign. Some of campaigns achieved the output of creating content such as posters and videos on the specific issues in combating misinformation and disinformation in their respective countries. With such an array of impressive entries, Viet Nam Team had the initiative to showcase the posters and videos in a virtual exhibition that can be accessed without time and location boundaries.
Building from this initiative, the ASEAN Foundation try to elevate the idea of having virtual exhibition for Viet Nam entries, to a wider scope which can accommodate quality contents from other countries. Therefore, the ASEAN Foundation is seeking Virtual Exhibition Consultant to help develop exhibition that can highlight the ASEAN Youth Advisory Group campaigns stories and their entries output.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In close coordination with Communication Officer for ASEAN DLP and with the guidance from Project Manager of ASEAN DLP, the Virtual Exhibition Consultant will carry out the following assignments:
- Develop the storyline, concept scripts, conceptual and detail designs, incorporating all the media necessary to interpret an exhibit’s key messages. ASEAN DLP Team will provide all supporting documents from entries (posters and videos), activities documentation.
- Plan the exhibition layout (including the order of display, groupings and highlights) and for best user experience.
- Display the entries (posters, photos and videos) in the virtual exhibition platform and make sure the quality, interactivity and user journey of the exhibition.
- Provide and display interactive pop-up booth installations for showcasing the virtual exhibition in the ASEAN DLP Summit, include managing and traveling to Bali.
- Coordinate closely with the ASEAN DLP’s team and relevant partners throughout the virtual exhibition development process.
- Virtual Exhibition in online platform (domain will be from ASEAN Foundation)
- Pop-up Booth Installation in ASEAN DLP Summit
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this project belonging to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact with, in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation who shall have the exclusive rights over their use. Except for the purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has extensive experience in curating, managing and organising exhibition (virtual and on-site).
- Has technical knowledge in curating, managing and organising exhibition (virtual and on-site).
- Must demonstrate the ability to organize, present and communicate message effectively through design.
- Possess good flexibility in receiving last minute changes and requests from client.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines without affecting the quality.
Any eligible organisation and/or professional keen to apply for this opportunity is required to send the following documents:
- Portfolio with previous work (onsite or virtual exhibition)
- Proposed virtual exhibition concept
- Price proposal/Quotation